news From All Africa
- Tanzania: More Dar Residents Turn Up to Register
[Daily News] More Dar es Salaam residents moved out to participate in Biometric Voters Registration (BVR) in an effort to meet the 4-day extension deadline declared by the National Electoral Commission (NEC) on Thursday.
- Kenya: Polio Vaccination Kicks Off in 32 High Risk Counties
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The Ministry of Health on Saturday launched an oral polio vaccination campaign targeting six million children below five years in 32 high risk counties.
- Zimbabwe: 58 Year Old Hooker Rapes and Infects Boy, 6, With STI
[New Zimbabwe] A 58 year old commercial sex worker has been slapped with a 20 year jail term after being convicted of raping and infecting a 6 year old boy with STI.
- Zimbabwe: Govt Restricts Hunting After Cecil the Lion's Death
[Deutsche Welle] Zimbabwe officials have restricted hunting of lions, leopards and elephants around Hwange National Park, after a tourist killed the park’s iconic lion. Another lion in the reserve has also reportedly been poached.
- Zimbabwe: Think Tank Finds Mugabe Lacking Confidence and Prepared to Act On Fabrication
[New Zimbabwe] ZANU PF factional fighting has exposed President Robert Mugabe as an “uncertain and timorous leader” who is unable to “distinguish fact from fabrication”, a political think tank has said.
- Nigeria: Death Row Soldiers Sue Army for Contempt
[Leadership] Soldiers in the Nigerian Army who were recently sentenced to death by a military court martial have initiated contempt proceedings against the Chief of Army Staff over non-release of the record of proceedings that convicted and sentenced them to death.
- Malawi: Malawi Appoints New Soccer Coach
[CAF] Former midfielder Ernest Mtawali has been appointed head coach of Malawi senior national team, Flames, on a one-year renewable contract.
- Tanzania/Zimbabwe: Simba to Sign Zimbabwean
[Daily News] ZIMBABWEAN international midfielder, Justice Majabvi arrived in Dar es Salaam on Saturday morning for trial with the Mainland giants Simba SC.
- Nigeria: Army Discovers Bomb-Making Factory
[Premium Times] Boko Haram terrorists converted an abandoned chemistry laboratory at Dikwa College of Education in Borno State, to a bomb-making factory, before the town was retaken by government troops last week, the Nigerian military said Saturday.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>