To win the contest, click and submit photos under the form below.
THIS COMPETION IS OVER.
We are currently reviewing all submitted Photographs. The Winner will be announced soon.
Have what it takes to capture the action?
Bring your best work into the spotlight for a chance to win Canon EOS R5, EOS R7, or PRO 200 Printer! In order to provide a platform for passionate and aspiring photographers, we have introduced our latest competition titled “Capture the Action” in line with #CelebrateAfrica powered by Canon.
Duration: 7th July 2022 - 31st July 2022
So don’t wait! The chance has presented itself, now it’s your turn to register and capture the shot of your favorite sport to get the chance to win amazing prizes.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Promotion Period: Enter between 00:01 GST on 7th July 2022 and 23:59 on 31st July 2022
- Visit the https://panafricanvisions.com/capture-the-action-photography-competition/ to complete the online form to provide your details (name, email address, country of residence). Then upload a picture meeting the criteria listed below in Clause 3 to be entered into the competition.
- No purchase is necessary. It is free to enter this competition and images do not have to be taken on a Canon device.
- Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter.
- A maximum of 10 entries are permitted per person during the competition period, but any participant may only win once. Each new entry must be of a new image; the same image cannot be entered more than once.
- Incomplete, invalid, or inappropriate entries, or entries received after the closing date on the 31st of July 2022 at GST 23:59 will not be eligible for publication or any prize.
- As this competition is powered by Canon, each participant hereby grants to Pan African Visions and Canon Group a non-revocable, worldwide, royalty-free and free of charge, sublicensable license to publish, republish, display and use their image for all purposes connected with this competition, including but not limited to display on Canon Group websites, Canon Group social media accounts and/or channels, any other websites of Canon Group or its agents/contractors, and in marketing materials (including at exhibitions) relating to this competition for up to one year after the competition ends. Each participant also grants Pan African Visions and Canon Group and its agents/contractors the right to moderate, modify or remove any image if it is deemed unsuitable, in whole or in part, for display on the competition website or in any materials relating to the competition. Participants of the competition also hereby agree to being identified and/or attributed as the photographer or creator of the image subject to their entry.
- All entrants (“Participants”) of the sport photography competition must be photographers, who are Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Mayotte, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Sao Tomé e Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara residents.
- By entering this competition, all participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
4.1. The image must be original and taken by the participant.
4.2. The image submitted by the participant must not contain:
- i) Recognizable persons, unless the participant can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the necessary permissions in writing for the image to be submitted used and published by Pan African Visions and Canon Group
- ii) Works of art unless the participant can demonstrate that the participant has been granted a license to have such works of art used and published by Pan African Visions and Canon Group
iii) Logos or brand names unless the participant has been granted a license to have such logos or brand names used and published by Pan African Visions and Canon Group
- iv) Scenes which are offensive, obscene, sexual, derogatory, defamatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, related to religion, origin or gender, or which could reflect negatively upon the name, reputation or goodwill of Pan African Visions and Canon Group or any brand partner, or which are otherwise unsuitable for publication
- v) Anything that may infringe the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, moral or privacy rights, or refer to any third-party brand or reference any third-party names, logos and/or trademarks.
- vi) Any watermark, copyright notice or any other information which may identify the participant (note, a copyright notice embedded in the metadata of the image is permissible). For the judging process to remain as fair as possible, the judging panel is not permitted to see the names of the participants when judging. Any image entered that contains a participant’s name, any watermark, copyright notice or any other information which may identify the participant, will be disqualified and will not be presented to the judging panel.
4.3. You also agree to be contacted by Pan African Visions and Canon for the purposes of administrating the competition or if Pan African Visions and Canon Group wish to discuss any other use of the picture submitted to the competition.
- The image submitted must reflect the topic: Sports photography. Sports photography refers to the genre of photography that covers all types of sports.
- Image size should be 150DPI, 2000 px along the longest side. Participants must not upload images which have been previously published or won an award or prize via a promotion run by the promoter or any other entity.
- The image submitted must not be heavily edited or manipulated, examples include: no adding or removing objects from the image, no compositing images, and no watermarks (for further details please refer to clause 4.2 vi). Please note, this list of examples is not an exhaustive list.
By submitting its entry, the participant warrants that:
5.1. The participant is the sole author of the image.
5.2. The Participant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the image.
5.3. The image and any element appearing in the image do not infringe any rights (including intellectual property, moral or privacy rights) of any third party.
5.4. In case where a person or person’s image appears in the image, the participant has obtained written permission from those persons(s) for Pan African Visions and Canon Group to use their image(s) as described in these terms and conditions; and
5.5. In case where the image has been taken in another country than in the participant’s country of residence, the participant has complied with the law applicable to such country, including but not limited to any intellectual property, moral, privacy and proprietary legal requirements.
6.1. There will be 3 prizes given for this competition-
- 1st Prize: Canon EOS R5 camera
- 2nd Prize: Canon EOS R7 camera
- 3rd Prize: Canon PRO 200 printer
6.2. Pan African Visions will notify the winner via the email address provided on entry within 5 working days of the winner selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the prize, within 14 calendar days of initial contact. If the winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 calendar days Pan African Visions reserves the right to disqualify the winner. If the winner is disqualified Pan African Visions reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
6.3. Pan African Visions and Canon reserve the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicize any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise Pan African Visions and Canon at time of being notified that they have won.
6.4. The prize is non-transferable, and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. If the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Pan African Visions and Canon reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
6.5. Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of Pan African Visions and Canon
As you are a participating consumer, laws of your country of residence will apply to this competition, and you may be entitled to bring court proceedings in your own language and in your local courts. A local consumer advice organization will be able to advise you on your rights. These terms do not restrict any statutory rights that may be applicable.