Type of engagement: permanent
Key requirements: affinity with digital marketing and advertising, customer focused, analytical, creative
Location: remote, anywhere on the African continent
Time per week: full time
Application deadline: July 16th, 2021
Want to be part of a successful scale-up in the African tech space?
Tunga is the go-to platform for hiring African software developers. Companies from all over the world use Tunga to hire African software developers to execute software projects, as full-time or part-time members of distributed software teams. Tunga’s mission is to create tech jobs for African youths and has a community of over 500 software programmers.
We were founded in 2015 and have served over 160 clients from all over the world. Tunga’s clients have a diverse profile: SMEs, startups and NGOs all belong to our client base. The main reason why they choose Tunga is that we are driven by empathy, empowerment and joy of work, which translates into a high service level, high quality of work and quite often long-lasting relationships with the client. In other words, we take good care of both our clients AND our developers!
What will be your job?
As a Digital Advertising Manager at Tunga, your main role is to improve and manage the digital advertising infrastructure we use to generate leads online through paid ads. Concretely this means you will be running ad campaigns on Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and/or Twitter. You will be responsible for setting up the campaigns, arranging the content, setting campaign parameters, tracking and reporting results, and translate these into improvement for future campaigns.
You will report to the Marketing Manager on the progress of the activities for which you are responsible, in particular of metrics that reflect the efficacy and efficiency of the ad campaigns. You will make sure that you adhere to our way of working and to our Code of Conduct. And in general, you will make sure that both you, your team and ultimately our clients will be happy!
What’s your profile?
Your ambition is to experience working in a real tech scaleup. You are a self-starter and can work independently. You are proactive and good at finding creative and pragmatic solutions. You are analytical and like to use data to evaluate and improve results. You have at least some experience with digital advertising and you are eager to learn more. You are an empathetic person and can place yourself in the situation of other people, in particular potential Tunga clients. You like the energy of working on a societal mission and in an international setting. You rock!
Qualifications and knowledge:
- you do not necessarily have a degree, but can demonstrate at least a bachelor level of thinking and acting;
- you are computer literate and have advanced experience in using all main work applications (e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, internet browsing);
- you have some experience in running digital ad campaigns;
- you are familiar with and have experience with the basic concepts of marketing and customer acquisition;
- you have excellent knowledge of English, both verbal and written;
- you are African and based in Africa and happy to work remote (unless you’re from Kampala, Uganda or
Lagos, Nigeria in which case you can work from our office)
- you are entrepreneurial, can work independently and you are generally considered a nice person 😉
What do we offer you?
- An inspiring and challenging environment where you work for international clients on a meaningful mission
- A permanent job agreement for initially 6 months, with the option to prolong (a grace period of 2 months)
- An attractive salary, depending on your experience and qualifications
- A relaxed company culture: flexible hours, lots of room for planning your own work, result-oriented
- If you are interested please send your motivation letter and CV asap (but in any case not later than Friday
July 16th, 2020) via this link.
- Suitable candidates are possibly invited before the expiration of the application deadline.
- For more info about our Tunga visit: https://tunga.io