- Nigeria ranks 17th, as there are an average 42,900 online searches a month for Ether
- With regards to Ether price, there are an average 11,430 searches per month from Nigerians checking the price of Ether online
- United States is the country in the world most interested in Ether with an average 1,116,000 online searches per month for the cryptocurrency
- Germany (736,300) and Turkey (408,500) are among the other countries where there are more than 400,000 online searches a month for Ether
|Ranked: The Countries in the World Most Interested in Ether|
|Rank||Country||Average Monthly Online Searches for ‘Ether’||Average Monthly Online Searches for ‘Ether’ Per 1,000 Internet Users|
Cryptocurrency has become more prominent than ever before and one of the digital coins making the most noise is Ether. Unlike its closest crypto rival Bitcoin, people can build applications on top of Ethereum (the open source blockchain technology behind Ether), therefore making it a very attractive proposition for existing and potential investors.
With the digital currency hitting a record high of over $4,000 per Ether this month (May 2021), Invezz.com utilised online analytics tool Ahrefs to establish which countries in the world are most interested in Ether.
Invezz.com found that the United States is in the number one spot with a substantial average of 1,116,000 online searches a month for Ether. That is the equivalent of 36,000 online searches per day!
In second place is Germany, as there is an average of 736,300 online searches every month from Germans regarding Ether.
Turkey is in third position with an average 408,500 online searches a month from Turks curious about Ether.
Brazil (259,600), France (247,100), United Kingdom (230,000) and Canada (203,000) are among the other countries where there are more than 200,000 searches a month from their respective citizens monitoring Ether online, respectively ranking fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh.
In 17th place is Nigeria where there are an average 42,900 online searches each month from Nigerians checking the latest developments surrounding Ether.
When it comes to the price of Ether, there is an average of 11,430 online searches a month from Nigerians specifically checking the price of Ether.
At the other end in 20th position is Austria, where there are an average of 37,700 online searches per month from Austrians interested in Ether – comparable to 1,216 online searches a day.
“Ether exploded in value over the past year and likely generated life-changing returns for early investors who truly understood the concept from day one.
These days we are noticing high levels of interest from wealthier investors (i.e. those with at least $1 million in assets) who want exposure to cryptocurrencies. These investors tend to be more cautious in how they manage their life savings: they own physical gold bars and have taken advantage of IBM’s dividend reinvestment program for decades.
These investors tend to be more sophisticated and will pay for professional investment advice to maximize their return. They are not interested in “meme” cryptos like Dogecoin. Rather, they are interested in Ethereum and other large-scale coins because of their real life use.
Investors can see Ethereum DeFi projects playing out in real-time. Those who believed in the 2010s that Ether and Bitcoin were a “fad” are quickly changing their thought process and looking to invest now.
By 2030 the world of finance will likely not at all resemble what it looks like today and this is apparent to anyone paying even minimal attention. The extent that Ethereum will play in terms of financial transactions and smart contracts will be exponentially higher over the coming years.
This implies that the era of cryptocurrencies is still in its very early stages. Buying Ethereum at current levels, even close to the all-time high of $4,000, makes sense for investors with a long-term timeframe. A reasonable amount of exposure to Ethereum as part of a well-diversified portfolio across multiple asset classes is certainly a logical investment strategy and one that would be hard to argue against”.
Methodology for the Research:
- Invezz.com identified ‘Ether’ and ‘Eth’ as the primary variations in the way people search for the Ether cryptocurrency online using analytics tool Ahrefs.
- Invezz.com then utilised the Ahrefs database to establish on average how many times a month these identified key terms related to Ether are being searched online in 155 different countries across the world.
- The values of the two different key terms were added together to get an overall ‘average monthly online searches for Ether’ figure for each analysed country.
- The countries were then ranked from highest to lowest based on ‘average monthly online searches for Ether’ – the top 20 countries are identified in the final results table.
- When analysing the data, each of the two key search terms related to Ether were assessed in English as well as each country’s respective primary language (where applicable/possible) to increase the reliability of results.
- With regards to the online searches for the price of Ether, Invezz.com identified ‘Ether price’ and ‘Ether value’ as the primary variations in the way people search for Ether price online and to get the online search volumes for the price Ether, the same stages from one to three were followed for collating the data for each of the countries in the top 20.
- All data correct at the time of analysis.