By Samuel Ouma
The Ministry of Health on Monday, June 15, announced 133 new cases of Covid-19 bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 3,727.
Addressing the journalists during daily covid-19 press briefings, Health Cabinet Secretary (CS) Mutahi Kagwe said the new cases were confirmed from 3,365 samples tested between Sunday and Monday.
The youngest patient is 1-year-old while the oldest is 70-years-old with 93 being males and 40 females.
The cases were reported in various parts of the country as follows: Mombasa (61), Nairobi (53), Kilifi (7), Busia (6), Kiambu (2), Kajiado, Nakuru, Murang’a, and Kitui 1 case each.
At the same Kagwe noted that 33 patients had been charged from quarantine facilities and hospitals across the country raising the number of recoveries to 1,286.
Unfortunately, the country lost one patient increasing the figures of Covid-19 deaths to 104.
The CS was speaking in Nyandarua County, Central Kenya.
So far 38 out of 47 counties have confirmed positive cases.
“I want to appeal to the people of Nyandarua to maintain this status. What happens elsewhere is that when you get one case, and then another, it grows exponentially and soon you start to hear the kind of numbers you’re hearing in Nairobi and elsewhere,” he said.
By Monday Kenya had tested 118, 701 samples.