President Ramaphosa appoints Deputy President Mabuza to Lead IMC on Land Reform
July 9, 2018
President Ramaphosa will also soon appoint a Panel of Experts to provide technical support to the IMC as it carries out its important task of expediting land reform through all available measures, including expropriation without compensation
CAPE TOWN, South Africa, July 9, 2018,-/African Media Agency (AMA)/- President Cyril Ramaphosa has appointed an Inter-Ministerial Committee (IMC) on Land Reform, chaired by Deputy President David Mabuza, to coordinate and implement measures to accelerate the redistribution of land, the extension of security of tenure, the provision of agricultural support and the redress of spatial inequality within a broad and comprehensive land redistribution and agricultural development programme.
President Ramaphosa said the appointment of the IMC is in line with his commitment, made during the State of the Nation Address, to accelerate land redistribution programme not only to redress a grave historical injustice, but also to bring more producers into the agricultural sector and to make more land available for cultivation towards security, rural development, poverty reduction and strengthening the economy.
The IMC, led by Deputy President David Mabuza, comprises the following ministers:
• Minister for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation in the Presidency, Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma
• Minister of Rural Development and Land Reform, Maite Nkoana-Mashabane
• Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Senzeni Zokwana
• Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Zweli Mkhize
• Minister of Finance, Nhlanhla Nene
• Minister of Human Settlements, Nomaindia Mfeketo
• Minister of Justice and Correctional Services, Michael Masutha
• Minister of Public Enterprises, Pravin Gordhan
• Minister of Public Works, Thulas Nxesi
President Ramaphosa will also soon appoint a Panel of Experts to provide technical support to the IMC as it carries out its important task of expediting land reform through all available measures, including expropriation without compensation.
Distributed by African Media Agency (AMA) on behalf of Republic of South Africa: The Presidency.
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | April 22, 2021 5:52 pm
Pan African Visions | April 22, 2021 5:21 pm
Pan African Visions | April 22, 2021 5:14 pm
Pan African Visions | April 22, 2021 5:03 pm
April 22, 2021 5:52 pm
April 22, 2021 5:21 pm
April 22, 2021 5:14 pm
April 22, 2021 5:03 pm
April 22, 2021 4:52 pm