Strong upward trend: Exhibitors from 19 countries participate in addition to five official country pavilions
(Heidelberg / Accra) The German trade fair specialists fairtrade realise a strong upward trend for the 4th edition of agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa. Exhibitors from 19 countries have confirmed and official country pavilions from Algeria, France, the Netherlands, Poland and Sri Lanka are underway. The event takes place on 05-07 December 2017 at the Accra International Conference Centre.
Organized by the German trade fair specialists fairtrade the 4th edition of agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa 2017 will open its gates on 05 to 07 December 2017 at the Accra International Conference Centre in Ghana. The organisers realise a strong upward trend as exhibitors from 19 countries have already registered, namely from Algeria, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Iran, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
In addition to these individual exhibitors, official pavilions are underway from:
Algeria, supported by Safex, the Algerian Fairs and Exports Company
– France, organized by adepta, the French agrofood association
– Netherlands, organized in cooperation with GhanaVeg
– Poland, supported by the Marshal Office of the Wielkopolska Region
– Sri Lanka, put together by the Sri Lanka Tea Board
Market update Ghana: Imports rise sharply
According to VDMA German Food Processing and Packaging Association, Ghanaian imports of process and packaging technology increased by 10% in 2016 to 77 million euro whereas West African imports of the same also went up by 10% to 557 million euro.
Also Ghanaian imports in the plastics, printing and packaging sectors rose sharply last year:
- Plastics technology up 4% to 23.4 million euro
- Printing and paper technology up 32% to 22.4 million euro
- Packaging technology up 2% to 30.1 million euro Institutional support
- agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa 2017 is supported by the Ghanaian Ministry of Food and Agriculture and of Trade and Industry, the Delegation of the German Industry and Commerce in Ghana AHK and the French agrofood association adepta.
- fairtrade was founded by Martin März in 1991. Since long, fairtrade ranks among the leading organisers of professional international trade fairs in emerging markets, especially in North and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe. Managed by its shareholder and committed to the values of a family business and the team spirit, fairtrade maintains a powerful network of partnerships throughout the world. fairtrade organizes shows in the sectors Agrofood, Building, CIT Solutions, Energy, Environment, Industry and PlastPrintPack and strives for a high level of customer satisfaction. By means of innovative products and excellent service fairtrade organizes professional platforms for valuable business contacts between exhibitors and visitors. A member of UFI The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry