Eid al-Adha holiday: How many days is it by country?
September 7, 2016
The Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha will be celebrated on September 12 in Saudi Arabia and in most other countries, and on September 13 in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
The public holiday breaks for Eid have also been officially announced:
– Qatar, the UAE, Kuwait and Oman: nine-day public holiday from Friday, September 9 until Saturday, September 17.
– Turkey: nine-day public holiday from Saturday, September 10 until Sunday, September 18.
– Bangladesh: six-day Eid holiday, from Friday September 9 until Wednesday, September 14.
– Pakistan: three-day holiday from Monday, September 12 until Wednesday, September 14.
– Philippines: three-day long weekend holiday, from Saturday, September 10 until Monday, September 12.
The Eid al-Adha festival, or Feast of Sacrifice, is locally also known as:
– Eidul Adha, as spelled in the Philippine’s legislation.
– Qurban Bayram, as referred to in Turkey.
– Bakr-Id or Qurbani Eid, as referred to in the Urdu langauge and in Bangladesh.
The post Eid al-Adha holiday: How many days is it by country? appeared first on African Media Agency.
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | July 23, 2021 2:23 pm
Pan African Visions | July 23, 2021 2:14 pm
Rwanda Finance And Africa Legal Release A Joint Report On Realising And Facilitating Pan-African Investment
Pan African Visions | July 22, 2021 6:04 pm
Pan African Visions | July 22, 2021 5:49 pm
July 23, 2021 2:32 pm
July 23, 2021 2:23 pm
July 23, 2021 2:14 pm
July 23, 2021 1:21 pm
Nigerian Women in PR Counts down to its Inaugural Reverse Mentorship Workshop for Senior PR Professionals
July 23, 2021 1:17 pm