news From All Africa
- Ethiopia: 'Heavily Armed Group' Kill Dozens in Gambella
[Addis Standard] Heavily armed grouped attacked the Jakawa area in Gambella Regional State Friday and claimed the lives of 142 civilians.
- Gambia: Opposition Figure Dies in Detention
[Deutsche Welle] The leader of Gambia’s opposition has been arrested after protesting the death in custody of a senior party official. The West African country could be set for further unrest.
- Zimbabwe: Boot Mugabe and Zanu-PF Out, Says Madhuku's NCA
[New Zimbabwe] PROFESSOR Lovemore Madhuku’s NCA party has reiterated calls for the electorate to dump President Robert Mugabe and his Zanu PF party for misruling Zimbabwe when the country holds its next elections 2018.
- Ethiopia: South Sudanese Gunmen Kill Scores of Civilians
[Al Jazeera] Gunmen from South Sudan have killed at least 140 civilians, including women and children, in a raid in Ethiopia’s Gambela region, the Ethiopian government has said.
- Angola/Morocco: Morocco Crush Angola to Go Top
[CAF] Morocco assumed top spot of Group B courtesy a 5-2 win over Angola on Saturday at Ellis Park, Johannesburg.
- Kenya: Tusker Edge Gor Mahia in Ill-Tempered Match At Nyayo
[Nation] Tempers flared at the Nyayo National Stadium on Saturday as Tusker beat champions Gor Mahia 1-0 in a Kenyan Premier League match.
- Namibia: Wanderers Beat Suburbs to Go Clear At the Top
[Namibian] Wanderers beat Western Suburbs 27-6 in a top-of-the-log Namibia Rugby Premier League match on Friday night and are now the only unbeaten team left in the competition.
- Nigeria: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Rescues Hostages
[This Day] The Nigerian military has successfully repelled an attack by the Boko Haram terrorists against their positions in parts of Borno state, and rescued 455 hostages.
- South Africa: Four More Olympic/Paralympic Times Nailed in Durban
[Sascoc] The race to Rio continued at pace in Durban on Friday with four additional Olympic and Paralympic qualification times posted on the penultimate day of the national aquatic championships in Durban on Friday.
Digest powered by RSS Digest