news From All Africa
- Kenya: President Holds Talks With Swiss Prince
[Nation] President Uhuru Kenyatta on Friday held talks with Prince Amyn Aga Khan, the younger brother of His Highness the Aga Khan, who paid him a courtesy call at State House, Nairobi.
- Kenya: Man Sentenced to Death for Killing Cleric
[Nation] A man was on Friday sentenced to death by the High Court in Mombasa for killing moderate Muslim cleric Sheikh Mohamed Idris in 2014.
- Zimbabwe: Thousands Call for End to Mugabe Rule
[Al Jazeera] Thousands of opposition supporters marched through the streets of Zimbabwe’s capital Harare on Thursday calling for an end to the rule of longtime President Robert Mugabe.
- Namibia: Panama Papers Show Receptionist is Millionaire – Report
[Namibian] A RECEPTIONIST and clerk in Namibia is a multimillionaire who owns offshore businesses around the globe, except that she just does not know it.
- Uganda: U.S. Report Pins Govt on Human Rights Violation
[Monitor] Kampala -The US Department of State has pinned government on various human rights violations, including arbitrary killings, torture and cruel treatment, poor conditions in detention centres and harassment of Opposition politicians.
- Uganda: Poll Petitions Flood Lira High Court
[Monitor] Lango -More than seven weeks after the close of the February 2016 polls, election disputes are flooding Lira High Court.
- Uganda: Oil Pipeline Talks Enter Final Stages
[Monitor] Kampala -Officials from Kenya and Tanzania arrived in the country on Tuesday for a three-day meeting to continue discussions with their Ugandan counterparts to narrow down on three options for the proposed crude oil export pipeline.
- Uganda: Increasing Numbers Leave 120 MPs Without Offices
[Monitor] Unless government urgently finds Shs2.6 billion needed to rent office accommodation, at least 120 MPs are likely to operate in the corridors when a new Parliament opens next month.
- Uganda: Govt to Airlift 400 Cancer Patients to Kenya
[Monitor] Only 400 out of the 17,000 cancer patients, who need radiotherapy care, will be airlifted to Kenya for treatment, the government announced yesterday.
Digest powered by RSS Digest