news From All Africa
- Zambia/Tunisia: Uphill Battle!..as Zanaco Are Frustrated By Determined Stade Gabesien
[Times of Zambia] ZANACO coach Numba Mumamba was yesterday left frustrated after watching his side concede an away goal against Tunisian side Stade Gabèsien as the bankers now face an uphill battle to qualify for the CAF 2016 Confederation Cup group stages.
- Libya: UN Envoy Urges Representatives to Vote On National Unity Govt
[UN News] Welcoming yesterday’s executive meeting of the House of Representatives, the United Nations envoy for Libya today called on the House to convene in the Libyan port city of Tobruk over the coming days to vote on the national unity government.
- Zimbabwe: Mujuru Is Not a God but Mugabe Claims to Be One
[New Zimbabwe] LAST week I came across a piece, “Till Mujuru’s sins be white as snow” written by one of the many shadowy columnists in the Herald newspaper under a banner “Radar”. My sources at the Herald told me it is none other than George Charamba, who now shuttles between Nathaniel Manheru and Radar, depending on which political opponents he would be wishing to attack.
- Tanzania/Egypt: Ahly Put Yanga in Shaky Position
[Daily News] MAINLAND champions, Young Africans put themselves in a precarious position to qualify into the group stage of the CAF Champions League, after battling to a 1-1 draw against Al Ahly of Egypt.
- Djibouti: Somali Govt Congratulates Djibouti President for Re-Election
[Dalsan Radio] The Federal Government of Somalia has congratulated the president of Djibouti for his re-election to the office.
- Somalia: Five Killed in Al-shabaab Car Bomb Near Nisa Headquarters
[Dalsan Radio] At least five people lost their lives and scores others were wounded when a car bomb exploded outside a restaurant in the Somali capital near Intelligence headquarters.
- Mozambique: In Mozambique, the Children Too Poor to Learn
[Al Jazeera] Beira -Early on a bright Monday morning in downtown Beira, Mozambique’s second largest city, 13-year-old Beitu Candrinho washes oranges beneath the shadow of a statue of Samora Machel – the country’s founding father.
- Somalia: Deadly Car Bombing Targets Mogadishu Restaurant
[Al Jazeera] At least three people, including a child, were killed on Saturday in a car bomb attack outside a restaurant in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu, police and witnesses said.
- Zambia/Tunisia: Zanaco Holds Tunisian Outfit Stade Gabesien
[Zambia Reports] Confederation Cup envoys Zanaco have been held to a 1-all draw at home against Tunisian side Stade Gabesien.
Digest powered by RSS Digest