news From All Africa
- Nigeria: NBC's Sale of 4G Spectrum to MTN, the Questions That Will Not Go Away…[Balancing Act] London -The controversy swirling round the sale of 4G spectrum to Nigeria’s leading operator MTN just won’t go away. Indeed there is a danger that it may yet find itself at the centre of the troubles engulfing the broadcast regulator NBC who it bought the spectrum from. Russell Southwood returns to the fray to try and sort noise from signal.
- Nigeria: Nigeria's Economic Crisis Exaggerated – Dangote[Daily Trust] Lagos -Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, is of the view that Nigeria’s economic crisis is exaggerated. He said that many businesses continue to thrive, despite the foreign exchange crisis.
- Ghana: Ghana Needs New Strategy to Create Decent Jobs, Reduce Inequality[The Conversation Africa] Ghana, the first sub-Saharan country to gain independence, is celebrating the 59th anniversary of its freedom from British rule this year. According to Nelson Mandela, Ghana’s independence on 6 March 1957 provided much strength and great inspiration to African liberation movements.
- Nigeria: Govt, South Africa to Collaborate On War On Terror[Premium Times] The Chief of South African National Defence Force, General Zakaria Shoke has re-affirmed his country’s willingness to work with the Nigerian Armed Forces to the benefit of the two countries, the Nigeria defence headquarters has said.
- Nigeria: Four Die As Five Storey Building Collapses in Lagos[Vanguard] Spokesperson of the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Ibrahim Farinloye, has said that three more dead bodies have been recovered from the rubble of the collapsed building at the Chisco bus-stop, opposite Oando Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, bringing the casualty figure to four.
- Tanzania: Vodafone Launches Toll-Free Lines for Ambulance Taxi[Daily News] UK-based telecom giant Vodafone Group announced yesterday the launch of a pioneering new toll-free emergency line for ambulance taxi service in Tanzania.
- South Africa: 21st-Century DJs – Spinning Beyond the Post-Capitalist Dream[The Conversation Africa] There’s a joke/meme doing the rounds of professional audio and live music event circles. Picture the scene: a heaving arena, packed with thousands of expectant fans. A huge PA flanks a fully equipped stage, its lighting rig already spangling the crowd with state of the art moving head fixture beams.
- Tanzania: Sugar Board Denies 'Shortage'[Daily News] Deceitful traders allegedly conspiring to create artificial sugar shortage in the country came under strong condemnation yesterday, with authorities describing them as economic saboteurs who deserve stern punitive measures.
- Somalia: Six Wounded in Beled-Weyn Airport 'Laptop' Explosion[Dalsan Radio] Atleast six people have sustained injuries with two of them in a critical acondition when explosion that was planted on a laptop device exploded in Beled-Weyne airport.
Digest powered by RSS Digest