news From All Africa
- Nigeria: Bail – Court to Hear Badeh's Application Tomorrow
[Daily Trust] An application by former Chief of Defence Staff, retired Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh, to change the conditions for his bail will be heard Wednesday by an Abuja Federal High Court.
- Nigeria: Mixed Reaction Trails Pocock's Revelation On Chibok Girls
[Guardian] Mixed reaction is trailing the revelation by former British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Andrew Pocock, on the whereabouts of the kidnapped Chibok girls.
- South Africa: Rapist Arrested After Caught Napping
[News24Wire] An alleged rapist was literally caught napping by Limpopo police after his victim stole away and raised the alarm while he slumbered.
- South Africa: Government Drafts Plan to Combat Racism
[SAnews.gov.za] Durban -President Jacob Zuma has at the Human Rights Day celebrations in Durban earlier today announced that government has drafted a national action plan to combat racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance.
- Nigeria: Troops Kill Boko Haram Kingpin, 18 Militants, Rescue 67
[Daily Trust] The Nigerian Army said yesterday that troops of the 22 Brigade Garrison carried out a clearing operation at the Dalore camp in Borno State on Sunday and killed 19 Boko Haram militants including the Ameer of Dalore.
- South Africa: ANC Taking South Africans for Granted – Maimane
[News24Wire] The ANC has taken South Africans for granted, DA leader, Mmusi Maimane said on Monday .
- South Africa: Trainspotter – How the New Age, ANN7 and the Guptas Have Spun State Capture
[Daily Maverick] The New Age and Africa News Network 7, the print and television propaganda wings of the Zupta cabal, have always had an interesting relationship with truthiness. But the unreality has been ramped up significantly over the course of the last several weeks. RICHARD POPLAK falls down the Gupta media rabbit hole and emerges into a multiverse where big is small, wet is dry, and where Zupta Inc. is little more than a benign force for good in a swamp of CIA-engineered evil.
- Nigeria: Minister Outlines Gains of 2016 Budget
[Vanguard] Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma yesterday listed the expected gains of the 2016 budget.
- South Africa: Brazil's Political Crisis – Guptagate With a South American Twist
[Daily Maverick] Jacob Zuma is not the only BRICS leader staring down the barrel of an early retirement. President Dilma Rousseff is struggling to keep a lid on tensions in Brazil, and must fight impeachment proceedings in parliament. Although the contexts are vastly different, there are also plenty of similarities between Brazil and South Africa’s political crises. By SIMON ALLISON.
Digest powered by RSS Digest