Latest News March 17, 2016
March 17, 2016
news From All Africa
- Uganda: Hackers Strike Bank of Uganda Accounts, Try to Steal U.S.$24 Million
[East African] Ugandan government officials and hackers have since last July attempted four times to siphon $24 million (Ush81 billion) through the Uganda central bank.
- Kenya: High Alert After Yellow Fever Death
[Nation] Medical personnel at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport allowed a sick man into the country without sending him to an isolation area, despite noticing he was unwell.
- Nigeria: State to Generate 4,000 Megawatts of Electricity With IAEA Support
[Vanguard] Abuja -President Muhammadu Buhari has appreciated the support of the International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA, for Nigeria’s quest to generate 4,000 megawatts of electricity using nuclear energy.
- West Africa: Nigerian Victim Identified in Cote d'Ivoire Beach Attack
[This Day] Abidjan -A 25-year-old Nigerian, Adekunle Sikiru, from Ejigbo Local Government Area of Osun State has been identified as the only casualty Nigeria might have recorded in the last Sunday terrorists attack in Grand Bassam, a beach town in Ivory Coast.
- Africa: Why Many Africans Wouldn't Make Good Suicide Bombers
[Nation] So, there I was in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, where a lot of clever Africans are in attendance.
- South Africa: More Officials Banned From Football
[CAJ News] The Federation of International Football Associations has banned several South African officials for their alleged involvement in matches played by the host country ahead of the 2010 World Cup.
- South Africa: Zuma Takes the Hot Seat in Parliament
[News24Wire] President Jacob Zuma will take the hot seat in Parliament on Thursday in an question and answer session with MPs amid explosive revelations that the Gupta family had been trying to influence Cabinet appointments.
- Nigeria: Women Criticise Rejection of Gender Equality Bill By Senate
[Leadership] The women’s wing of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) on Wednesday criticised the rejection of gender equality bill by the Senate, urging all women to mobilise for their cause.
- Nigeria: National Assembly Fails to Pass 2016 Budget
[Premium Times] The National Assembly has dashed the expectation the 2016 budget would be passed this week.
Digest powered by RSS Digest
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 7:58 am
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 5:40 am
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 5:17 am
Pan African Visions | January 19, 2021 6:59 pm
January 20, 2021 7:58 am
January 20, 2021 5:40 am
January 20, 2021 5:17 am
January 19, 2021 6:59 pm
January 19, 2021 6:24 pm