news From All Africa
- South Sudan: Rights Body Pushes for Hybrid Court to Try Juba War Crimes
[East African] South Sudan needs to activate the hybrid court to try war crimes as the atrocities continue even as the partners to the peace deal prepare to form a transitional government of national unity.
- Tanzania: Govt to Form Special Force to Fight Poaching
[East African] Tanzania is working on a new security strategy that will help curb poaching of elephants and other crimes against wildlife within and outside protected areas.
- Burundi: Opposition Not Amused With African Union
[East African] Burundi opposition leaders have blamed the African Union for lack of transparency and inability to defend democracy in the country after the five African heads of state visited the country recently.
- Africa: Women Can Power Alternative Energy Solutions for Africa
[East African] Sub-Saharan Africa is changing rapidly. New infrastructure, economic development and urbanisation are transforming society. Poverty is declining, and the middle class is growing.
- Egypt: Govt Abstains From UN Vote on Sex Crimes
[Aswat Masriya] Cairo -Egypt was the only country to abstain from voting on Friday on a measure aimed at preventing and combating “sexual exploitation and abuse by UN peacekeepers.”
- South Africa: Blitzboks Too Strong for Scots
[News24Wire] The Blitzboks have easily beaten Scotland in their opening match at Vancouver Sevens, running out 43-0 victors in a Pool C encounter.
- South Africa: Lions Succumb to Highlanders
[News24Wire] The Highlanders on Saturday defeated the Lions 34-15 in their Super Rugby encounter at Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin.
- Nigeria/South Africa: Flamingos Wallop Bantwana in a One-Sided Affair
[SAFA] Bantwana, South Africa’s u17 Women’s National team lost 6-0 to the Flamingos of Nigeria in Abuja on Saturday in the first leg of the final round of the U17 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
- South Africa: Man Killed in Marienhill House Collapse
[News24Wire] A man was killed when his house collapsed on him in the Sunshine area near Marienhill on Saturday morning, said KwaZulu-Natal paramedics.
Digest powered by RSS Digest