news From All Africa
- Kenya: Women Challenged to Go for Top Elective Seats in 2017 Polls
[Nation] Women have been challenged to seek top elective seats in the coming General Elections, including the presidency.
- Zimbabwe: State Media Turns Against Former Handler As Mugabe Succession Wars Deepen
[News24Wire] What happens when the media you once controlled turns against you?
- Malawi: Opposition Dismisses Coup Plot Claims
[Nyasa Times] Opposition leaders in Malawi have rejected claims that there is a plot to oust President Peter Mutharika.
- South Africa: Govt Deports Zimbabwean Ex-Convicts
[News24Wire] Hundreds of illegal Zimbabwean migrants are to be deported from South Africa on Wednesday following the forced repatriation of 140 ex-prisoners this weekend, state media has reported.
- South Sudan: Pressure Mounts On Rivals
[Deutsche Welle] A second deadline to form a transitional government in South Sudan passed without President Kiir and political rival Machar reaching an agreement. International mediators fear the country could become a failed state.
- Somalia: Wrong Plane Bombed, Says Airline CEO
[News24Wire] The man who bombed a passenger plane of Dubai-based Daallo Airlines in Somalia was initially due to fly on Turkish Airlines, the CEO of Daallo Airlines said on Monday.
- Uganda: What Voters Must Know
[Monitor] Kampala -It is exactly nine days to the much-awaited February 18, when registered Ugandan voters will begin casting their ballot at 7am across the country to pick the next president and Members of Parliament.
- Uganda: 2016 Elections – How Uganda Should Position Herself After Politicking
[Monitor] The prospect of prolonged political gridlock caused by an unsettled general election in a few days to come, is casting a dark cloud over the outlook of Uganda’s business.
- Africa: Replace Female Genital Mutilation With New Rites of Passage, Says UN Chief
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] New York -New, unharmful rites of passage should replace female genital mutilation, U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon said on Monday after new data showed there were more victims of the custom than previously estimated.
Digest powered by RSS Digest