news From All Africa
- Uganda: Besigye Attends Church Amid Police Deployment
[Monitor] Forum for Democratic Change (FDC) presidential flag bearer in last week’s elections, Kizza Besigye is attending church amid heavy police deployment.
- Kenya: Cheap Sugar Imports Hurting Local Farmers, Says MP
[Nation] Kilgoris MP Gideon Konchella on Sunday challenged the Jubilee administration to control the influx of cheap imported sugar into the country that has flooded the local market.
- Kenya: President Leaves for Djibouti to Attend Heads of State Summit
[Nation] President Uhuru Kenyatta has left for Djibouti to attend the Heads of State Summit of Troop Contributing Countries to the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).
- South Africa: UJ's 'Missing Middle' Gets R31m Boost
[News24Wire] The University of Johannesburg has raised R31 million to help fund students considered too rich to qualify for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme and too poor to afford tuition costs.
- Burundi: Burundi Accepts Deployment of AU Military Monitors
[Nation] Burundi has agreed to the deployment of observers and military monitors from the African Union (AU) as part of peace restoring efforts, it was announced Saturday.
- Kenya: Kenyatta May Be President for Only One Term, Says Governor
[Nation] Bomet Governor Isaac Ruto said Saturday the Jubilee administration risked being a one-term presidency saying it has failed to fully embrace devolution and reneging on pre-election promises.
- Africa: Kenyan Teen Shot 4 Times By U.S. Police – Report
[Nation] A 17-year old Kenyan teenager is fighting for his life after he was shot four times by a police officer on Saturday night in what authorities described as an altercation in a Mall in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah in the US.
- South Africa: Hip-Hop Artists Win Big at the Metro FM Awards
[allAfrica] All the winners of the 15th Metro FM Music Awards held in Durban on Saturday night.
- East Africa: Region Launches New Travel Document
[Daily News] Arusha -President John Magufuli will be joining his four counterparts from Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Burundi in launching the first community travel document here on Wednesday.
Digest powered by RSS Digest