news From All Africa
- Botswana: No Constitutional Change for President – Govt
[Botswana Daily News] Gaborone -Government has dismissed as false claims that the country’s Constitution was amended to allow the President to qualify for office.
- Africa: How to Get African Films We All Should See Onto Our Screens
[The Conversation Africa] Confronted with questions about why the jury of the 2016 Berlin Film Festival has no people of colour, the jury president – and three-time Oscar-winner – Meryl Streep said:
- Africa: Tanzania Reiterates Support for ICC
[Daily News] Tanzania will not pull out of the Hague-based International Criminal Court (ICC) much as it has raised concerns on a number of issues such as ‘perceived persecution’ against Africans, which need to be sorted out.
- Zimbabwe: EU Extends Mugabe Travel Ban
[New Zimbabwe] THE EUROPEAN Union (EU) has extended its remaining sanctions against Zimbabwe for another year, in a development likely to rile Harare.
- South Sudan: President Kiir Set to Name Cabinet On Friday
[Nation] South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir will go ahead and announce a transitional government of national unity on Friday despite his rival Riek Machar’s unwillingness to travel to Juba.
- South Africa: UCT Students Set Paintings Alight
[News24Wire] A small group of individuals created a bonfire out of paintings they took from the Fuller and Smuts residences at the University of Cape Town’s upper campus on Tuesday night.
- Uganda: Presidential Candidates Run Last Lap As Campaign Deadline Looms
[Citizen] Kampala -Some 15.2 million voters will participate in Uganda General Election tomorrow. The elections, supervised by the Electoral commission of Uganda, is the third multi-party election since the introduction of multi-party politics in Uganda in 2005. In the election the voters will vote for the President, Parliamentarians and local government leaders.
- Kenya: New Prison for Extremist Offenders Planned – Kenyatta
[Capital FM] Nairobi -President Uhuru Kenyatta has announced government plans to establish a new correctional facility to confine extremist offenders.
- Zimbabwe: Prosecutor General Challenges Remand Placement
[New Zimbabwe] PROSECUTOR GENERAL Johannes Tomana Tuesday made an urgent application seeking the nullification of his placement on remand, telling his tormentors to STOP IT!!!
Digest powered by RSS Digest