Latest News February 16, 2016
February 16, 2016
news From All Africa
- Kenya: Rape Victims Suffer in Silence, Eight Years After Post-Election Violence
[RFI] A rights group has evidence that hundreds of women and girls raped during the violence following Kenya’s 2007 election are suffering from acute physical and psychological trauma.
- Nigeria: What Hope for Nigerians As Health Workers Down Tools Tomorrow?
[Daily Trust] On the 27th of last month , health workers in the country under the aegis of Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) and the Assembly of Healthcare Professionals (AHPA) met and gave the federal government a 15-day ultimatum which commenced from February 3rd to meet their demands otherwise they will proceed on a nationwide strike.
- Nigeria: President Buhari Sacks Heads of 26 Federal Agencies
[Daily Trust] President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the disengagement of 26 Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of some parastatals, agencies and commissions.
- Uganda: Police Block Besigye Rally As One Is Killed, Scores Injured
[Monitor] Kampala -FDC presidential candidate Kizza Besigye failed to hold any of his Kampala rallies yesterday after he and his supporters were intercepted by police on his way to a rally in Kisenyi.
- Congo-Kinshasa: Party Leader Arrest Raises Tensions Ahead of Strike
[Al Jazeera] The brief arrest of an opposition leader in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has raised tensions ahead of a planned general strike called by opponents of President Joseph Kabila.
- Zimbabwe: Three Men in Court for Stealing Mugabe Son's iPhone 6
[New Zimbabwe] THREE men appeared before a Harare magistrate Monday charged with stealing an Iphone 6 belonging to President Robert Mugabe’s youngest son, Bellarmine Chatunga.
- Kenya: Liverpool Legend Barnes to Visit Kenya
[Capital FM] Nairobi -Liverpool FC legend John Barnes will visit Kenya next week to oversee the fourth Standard Chartered Road to Anfield tournament slatted for February 27 at Moi International Sports Centre Kasarani.
- South Africa: Police Rescue 18 Children Held at Church
[News24Wire] Police rescued 18 children who had allegedly been held hostage at a church near Ngcobo in the Eastern Cape on Monday afternoon.
- Kenya: Exports Spike Amidst Emerging Markets Gloom
[Nation] Kenya is seeking ways to take advantage of the turnaround in exports which have risen faster than imports for the first time in more than five years.
Digest powered by RSS Digest
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | September 26, 2021 9:49 pm
Pan African Visions | September 26, 2021 9:09 pm
Pan African Visions | September 26, 2021 8:04 pm
Pan African Visions | September 26, 2021 7:02 pm
September 26, 2021 9:49 pm
September 26, 2021 9:09 pm
September 26, 2021 8:04 pm
September 26, 2021 7:02 pm
September 26, 2021 6:37 pm