news From All Africa
- South Africa: 20-Hour Silence From Trapped Miners At Lily Mine
[News24Wire] No audio signals have been received in the past 20 hours from mine workers still trapped at the Lily Mine in Barberton, Mpumalanga on Wednesday morning.
- South Africa: MTN Ordered to Take Down Its Music
[News24Wire] Fed-up songwriters have issued mobile network MTN a ‘take-down’ notice to remove music from its stores as of today.
- Nigeria: National Assembly Suspends Deadline for Passing 2016 Budget
[Guardian] Signposting the persistence of the confusion that began when the 2016 budget document was declared “missing” at the National Assembly four weeks ago, doubts still remain over the figures allocated to subheads in various ministries, departments and agencies.
- Africa: Why Africa Can't Afford to Have an Outbreak of the Zika Virus
[The Conversation Africa] If the latest mosquito-borne Zika virus breaks out in Africa the continent would be less prepared than any other to deal with the outbreak.
- South Africa: 'I Kind of Gave Up On Harvard' – Umlazi Teen Who Won Scholarship
[News24Wire] A KwaZulu-Natal teenager, through persistence and perseverance, will be attending the prestigious Harvard University in the United States after being accepted on a full scholarship for 2016.
- Zimbabwe: Govt Pleads for Cash to Stop Mass Starvation
[Al Jazeera] Zimbabwe has appealed to local businesses and charities for more than $1.5bn aid to save more than a quarter of the population from starvation due to drought.
- Burundi: Burundi Citizens Seek Asylum in Kenya
[Nation] Two Burundi nationals are seeking asylum at the Kakuma refugee camp in Kenya, saying they fear for their lives after allegedly being sought by a youth wing associated with President Pierre Nkurunziza.
- South Africa: Public Protector 'Biggest Winner' in Nkandla Court Case
[News24Wire] Public Protector Thuli Madonsela was the biggest winner after Tuesday’s Constitutional Court hearing into the Nkandla saga, a legal expert has said.
- South Africa: Traditional Leaders Want Answers From Mandela Over Islamic Conversion
[News24Wire] Eastern Cape traditional leaders want answers from Nelson Mandela’s grandson Nkosi Zwelivelile ‘Mandla’ Mandela about why he reportedly converted to Islam when he married a Muslim woman.
Digest powered by RSS Digest