Latest News February 1, 2016
February 1, 2016
news From All Africa
- South Africa: Protesters Demand Atlantis School Be Made Safe
[GroundUp] About 100 people protested outside the Western Cape Legislature today, demanding that Avondale Primary School in Atlantis be made safe for learning.
- Ethiopia: Several People Die in Prison Attack
[Addis Standard] At least seven people were killed yesterday in Gambella town, south of Ethiopia, during an attempted prison break.
- Africa: AU Backs Kenyatta's Call to Withdraw From Rome Statute
[Nation] The African Union has adopted, without amendments, a proposal by President Uhuru Kenyatta to develop a roadmap for withdrawal from the Rome Statute.
- South Africa: Eskom Slams Gupta Coal Report As Mischievous
[News24Wire] A mine linked to the Gupta family has not been awarded a contract to supply coal for the Arnot power plant, Eskom has said.
- Uganda: Former Top Spy Held as Tensions Mount Ahead of Polls
[Monitor] Ugandan security forces on Sunday arrested a former intelligence chief and outspoken critic of President Yoweri Museveni as tensions mount ahead of a presidential poll next month.
- South Africa: Rand Rallies to Under R16/$
[News24Wire] The rand has dipped below R16 to the US dollar for the first time since 6 January on several drivers, including an aggressive interest rate hike on Thursday and surprisingly positive trade data on Friday.
- Africa: Kenyan Hotels Scoop Top Positions in Africa
[Nation] Three Kenyan hotels are among the top 25 in Africa, according to the American travel website TripAdvisor.
- Libya: Western Powers Make Plans to Hit Islamic State in Libya
[News24Wire] British, French and US military personnel have travelled to Libya to identify potential targets for airstrikes against Islamic States (ISIS) forces, the Sunday Times reported.
- Egypt: Court Postpones Top Auditor's Investigation for Third Time
[Aswat Masriya] Cairo -A Cairo court postponed the investigation into Egypt’s top auditor Hisham Geneina’s case in which he is accused of insulting the judiciary.
Digest powered by RSS Digest
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | October 27, 2020 1:09 am
Pan African Visions | October 27, 2020 12:02 am
Pan African Visions | October 26, 2020 11:02 pm
Pan African Visions | October 26, 2020 10:53 pm
October 27, 2020 1:35 am
October 27, 2020 1:09 am
October 27, 2020 12:02 am
October 26, 2020 11:02 pm
October 26, 2020 10:53 pm