news From All Africa
- South Africa: 'Thrilled' Cliff to Respond to Court Judgment After Winning Lawsuit[News24Wire] Media personality Gareth Cliff will brief the press in Johannesburg on Saturday after he was reinstated as a judge on Idols.
- Somalia: Bardere Court Chief Survives Assassination Bid[Shabelle] A Somali official says Bardere court chief Sheikh Ibrahim Nur Sha’ban has escaped an attempt on his life after he was attacked by unknown gunmen while wailing out a mosque after Magrib prayers.
- Mozambique: Renamo Attacks Defence Forces – Report[AIM] Maputo -Gunmen of Mozambique’s former rebel movement Renamo attacked a position of the defence and security forces in the small hours of Thursday morning at the village of Zero, in Morrumbala district, in the central province of Zambezia.
- Rwanda: The Changes Made to Rwanda's Constitution Are Peculiar. Here's Why[The Conversation Africa] The changes made to Rwanda’s constitution are peculiar. Here’s why
- Zimbabwe: Maiming of Opposition Activists Evokes Memories[Zimbabwe Independent] EPHRAIM Muvungani will never forget last year Christmas. While most were merrymaking with loved ones, he was writhing in pain, nursing wounds inflicted by suspected Zanu PF youths in the dormitory town of Chitungwiza.
- Tunisia: Head of State Presented With Annual Report of Court of Auditors[Tunis Afrique Presse] Carthage -The 29th annual general report of the Court of Auditors for the 2013-2014 judicial year and the report related to the closure of the state budget for 2013 were handed, on Friday in Carthage, to President Béji Caid Essebsi.
- Egypt: Egypt to Receive 2nd Batch of Rafale Jets From France Thursday[Aswat Masriya] Cairo -Egypt is due to receive the second batch of Rafale fighter jets from France on Thursday, as per the business deal between the two countries, the state-run MENA news agency reported.
- Ghana: Labourer Caged for 25 Years – for Robbing and Raping Pregnant Woman[Ghanaian Chronicle] A 35 year old labourer has been jailed 25years by an Accra Circuit Court, presided over by Mr. Aboagye Tandoh, for robbing and raping a pregnant woman, at Pokuase near Accra.
- Liberia: Liberia Lawmakers Seek Answers Over 'Operational Losses' At CBL[FrontPageAfrica] Monrovia -Representative Bill Twehway (UP-District #3 Montserrado County) has written Plenary of the House of Representatives to invite the Governor of the Central Bank to answer to recent revelation made by President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf during her annual address that the bank realized operational losses. In his communication, the Montserrado County lawmaker said the revelation by the President requires inquiry and response from the CBL governor on what did President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf mean when she said the ba
Digest powered by RSS Digest