Latest News January 27, 2016
January 27, 2016
news From All Africa
- Africa: Abortion Checklist Promises Safer Procedures
[SciDev.Net] A simple toolkit that allows local health workers to ensure it is safe for women to have abortions has been tested successfully in Ethiopia, India and South Africa.
- Nigeria: Lagos Bans Parties, Social Functions in Public Schools
[Premium Times] The Lagos State Government on Tuesday said it would no longer allow social functions and parties in public schools just as owners of private schools across the state have been warned to comply with rules and regulations guiding their operations.
- Morocco: Journos Still Face Charges of Blackmailing Moroccan King
[RFI] A Paris court has thrown out an appeal by two journalists charged with blackmailing Morocco’s King Mohammed VI. Lawyers for the pair, who deny the charges, sought to have evidence based on clandestine tape recordings ruled out.
- Zimbabwe: Opposition Claims 2018 Vote Rigging Underway
[New Zimbabwe] MORGAN Tsvangirai’s MDC-T party has raised a red flag over recent revelations that the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) has already registered nearly a million new voters in less than 20 constituencies.
- Kenya: CJ Appoints Judge to Head Anti-Corruption Court
[Nation] Justice Hedwig Ong’undi Imbosa will head the new anti-corruption and economic crimes division of the High Court.
- Kenya: 'Agents of Devil Lied' About Me, Says Deya
[Nation] Controversial Kenyan evangelist Gilbert Deya has denied claims by a British newspaper that he has been selling ‘anointed’ olive oil to cure cancer and HIV.
- South Africa: Children, Driver Stung as Bees Swarm Into Taxi
[News24Wire] Eight children, aged between five and seven, and a taxi driver were stung by a swarm of bees in Benoni, east of Johannesburg on Tuesday, paramedics said.
- Kenya: Chiloba Says IEBC Not Responsible for Solving County Border Disputes
[Nation] The electoral commission has declared that it is not responsible for resolving county border disputes.
- Kenya: Plan to Name Road in Mombasa After Odinga's Son Sparks Protests
[Nation] The planned change of the name of the New Nyali Road to Fidel Odinga Street in honour of Cord leader Raila Odinga’s son has been met with criticism.
Digest powered by RSS Digest
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | January 21, 2021 4:30 am
Pan African Visions | January 21, 2021 4:00 am
Pan African Visions | January 21, 2021 1:56 am
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 7:58 am
January 21, 2021 4:30 am
January 21, 2021 4:00 am
January 21, 2021 1:56 am
January 21, 2021 1:27 am
January 21, 2021 1:10 am