news From All Africa
- Africa: Eating Stink Bugs Could Boost Health in Africa
[SciDev.Net] A new study has identified essential nutrients in an edible insect known as stink bug and suggests it as an alternative food source to help meet the dietary demands of an increasing human population.
- Zimbabwe: Four Charged Over Alleged Plot to Bomb Mugabe's Farm
[The Herald] A fringe political party leader and three of his colleagues arrested while trying to petrol-bomb the First Family’s Alpha Omega Dairy farm in Mazowe appeared in court yesterday.
- Kenya: Investors Raise Concerns Over Multi-Billion Konza City Plan
[Nation] Developers eyeing a share of the proposed Konza Techno City are raising queries they want addressed before they can fully commit themselves to the multi-billion shillings project.
- Kenya: Treasury Set to Borrow More Locally As Foreign Credit Gets Expensive
[Nation] Kenya will rely more on local borrowing to finance this year’s budget gap as unfavourable conditions have made external credit unattractive, financial experts have said.
- South Africa: Advocate Assaulted Outside Court for Defending Suspected Child Killers
[News24Wire] When Advocate Nico du Plessis travelled to deep rural Mpumalanga to represent two suspected child killers, he had no idea he was putting his life in danger.
- Nigeria: Naira Depreciates As Dollar Scarcity Intensifies
[Vanguard] Lagos -The Naira depreciated against the dollar by N4 in the parallel market, yesterday, in response to intense scarcity of dollar in the market.
- South Africa: Gareth Cliff and M-Net Face Off in Court Today
[News24Wire] Gareth Cliff will on Tuesday face M-Net, the broadcasting giant he has launched an urgent court application against in an effort to be reinstated as a judge on signing competition, Idols.
- Kenya: Judiciary's New Policy Spells Doom for Death Row Convicts
[Nation] New guidelines on the sentencing of criminals have proposed a mandatory death sentence to capital offenders, dealing a blow to several death row inmates who wanted life imprisonment.
- Nigeria: Biafra Leader Kandu Attends Trial in Handcuffs
[Premium Times] A Federal High Court in Abuja has adjourned ruling on the bail application filed by the embattled leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.
Digest powered by RSS Digest