news From All Africa
- Egypt: At Least 13 Dead in Ferryboat Sinking
[Aswat Masriya] Cairo -At least 13 people were found dead due to the sinking of a ferryboat in the Egyptian province of Kafr el-Sheikh, as announced by the Kafr el-Sheikh governor Friday.
- Nigeria: Appeal Court Rules on Taraba and Abia State Governors
[This Day] The Appeal Court sitting in Abuja and Owerri on Thursday affirmed Mr. Darius Ishaku of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Mr. Alex Otti of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) as winners of the April 11 governorship elections in Taraba and Abia States, respectively.
- South Africa: King's Imprisonment Causes Royal Ruckus
[News24Wire] The AbaThembu started the new year with a royal ruckus over breaches of protocol and authority as its King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo sat in jail.
- Rwanda: President to Run for Third Term in Office
[Al Jazeera] Rwandan President Paul Kagame has declared he will run for a third term in office after his second seven-year term expires in 2017.
- Nigeria: Presidency Denies Plan to Ban Hijab
[Premium Times] The Presidency has denied speculations that the Buhari administration has banned Hijab, the Muslim women’s dressing symbol of modesty.
Digest powered by RSS Digest