Latest News January 11, 2016
January 11, 2016
news From All Africa
- South Africa: Woman Killed and Eaten By Lion
[News24Wire] An elderly woman was killed and eaten by a lion near Zimbabwe’s resort town of Victoria Falls this weekend, according to press reports Sunday.
- Mozambique: Renamo Accused of Abducting Local Frelimo Officials
[AIM] Maputo -Mozambique’s ruling Frelimo Party has accused the militia of the former rebel movement Renamo of intimidating and kidnapping local Frelimo leaders in six districts in the central province of Sofala.
- Kenya: Boundary Row Blamed for Deadly Kisumu Clashes
[Nation] As uneasy calm returned to the Nandi-Kisumu border on Sunday even as some residents claimed there was more to the violence than just cattle rustling.
- Mauritania: Journalist Mistakenly Held As Al-Qaeda Chief
[Al Jazeera] Mauritanian journalist Cheikh Ould Salek was temporarily arrested when he boarded a flight from Senegalese capital Dakar to Dubai on January 3 after he was mistakenly accused of being a terrorist mastermind.
- South Africa: Are Pesticides Really Dangerous?
[The Conversation Africa] Are pesticides really dangerous?
- Kenya: Deputy President Departs for Hague Trial
[Nation] Deputy President William Ruto on Monday morning left the country for The Hague.
- Uganda: Media Face Growing Threats As Elections Loom
[HRW] Kampala -Ugandan government and ruling party officials are intimidating and threatening journalists and activists in an effort to limit criticism of the government, Human Rights Watch said in a report released today. Uganda will hold presidential and parliamentary elections on February 18, 2016.
- South Africa: South Africa and China – Behind the Smoke and Mirrors
[The Conversation Africa] The People’s Republic of China’s relationship with South Africa has deepened significantly in recent years, as shown by a raft of economic and political proclamations.
- Kenya: Did the ICC Chief Prosecutor Overplay Her Hand in the Sang Case?
[The Hague Trials Kenya] Joshua Arap Sang is facing charges of co-perpetration of crimes against humanity in relation to his radio broadcasts during the post-election violence in Kenya.
Digest powered by RSS Digest
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 7:58 am
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 5:40 am
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 5:17 am
Pan African Visions | January 19, 2021 6:59 pm
January 20, 2021 7:58 am
January 20, 2021 5:40 am
January 20, 2021 5:17 am
January 19, 2021 6:59 pm
January 19, 2021 6:24 pm