Latest News December 6, 2015
December 6, 2015
news From All Africa
- Zimbabwe: War Veterans Push Mugabe
[Zimbabwe Standard] President Robert Mugabe could be forced to reconfigure his handpicked Zanu PF politburo at the party’s conference starting tomorrow after war veterans yesterday reiterated their demands for two top posts in the party.
- Chad: Triple Suicide Blast Kills Dozens On Lake Chad Island
[Al Jazeera] At least 27 people were killed and some 80 injured in a triple suicide bombing attack on an island in Lake Chad, according to reports.
- Zimbabwe: We'll Carry Mugabe in a Wheelbarrow – Grace
[New Zimbabwe] FIRST Lady Grace Mugabe has again reiterated that President Robert Mugabe, now aged 91, will not retire, adding the veteran leader will be taken to work in a wheelbarrow if necessary.
- South Sudan: Women of South Sudan – Broken Bodies, Shattered Dreams
[Al Jazeera] South Sudan’s peace agreement, signed in August, was meant to end a 21-month-old civil war that has left thousands dead and many more displaced in the wake of the country’s historic declaration of independence in 2011.
- Seychelles: Latest Figure Shows 67 Percent of Seychellois Voters Have Cast Their Ballots – Voting Still Ongoing Past Official Closing Time
[Seychelles News Agency] Victoria -Long queues could still be seen outside of the polling stations as the clock read 7 pm this evening signalling the time voting was supposed to end in the 2015 presidential elections in Seychelles.
- Africa: Algeria, Nigeria Progress As Egypt Crash Out
[CAF] Algeria and Nigeria booked their places at the semis after a barren draw in Dakar on Saturday, whilst Egypt was sent packing after a 1-0 loss to Mali in M’Bour.
- Seychelles: Incumbent Facing Challenge in Election
[Al Jazeera] Voters in the main islands of the Seychelles have cast their ballots in a presidential election in which incumbent James Michel is facing his first serious challenge after two terms in office.
- Chad: Suicide Bombers Target Lake Chad Island On Market Day
[Deutsche Welle] Three suicide bombers have attacked the island of Koulfoua in Chad, killing dozens in the restive region near the Nigerian border. The attackers were female, police said.
- Ethiopia: Govt Targeting New Funds On Back of Renewable Energy Strategy
[The Conversation Africa] The Paris Climate Summit provides an important platform for Ethiopia to showcase the steps it has taken in pursuing green economic development.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 7:58 am
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 5:40 am
Pan African Visions | January 20, 2021 5:17 am
Pan African Visions | January 19, 2021 6:59 pm
January 20, 2021 7:58 am
January 20, 2021 5:40 am
January 20, 2021 5:17 am
January 19, 2021 6:59 pm
January 19, 2021 6:24 pm