news From All Africa
- Nigeria: Govt Insists On Payment of U.S.$3.9 Billion, MTN
[Guardian] Mr Adebayo Shittu, minister of Communications, said that the federal government would neither be cowed nor threatened by MTN’s court action against the N1.4trn (about $5.2 billion) fine which was later reduced to N780 billion ($3.9 billion), insisting that the telecommunications company risks another fine if it fails to pay on deadline.
- Nigeria: Fresh Explosion Kills Many in Maiduguri Mosque
[Premium Times] At least 20 persons were killed in a fresh explosion in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, Monday morning, as residents gathered around a mosque.
- Ethiopia: UK Extends New Support Package to Assist Drought Mitigation Effort
[Ethiopian Herald] Britain has extended a new £30 million package of support in emergency food aid for people affected by the current drought.
- Zambia: Kalusha's 'Bartender' Appointed Chipolopolo Coach
[Zambia Reports] Physical Education (PE) Teacher Irfan Kawri is to be appointed Zambia coach.
- Nigeria: We've Technically Defeated Boko Haram – Buhari
[Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday declared that Nigeria has “technically won the war” against Boko Haram.
- Africa: Climate Pledges Don't Meet Africa's Needs
[Nation] Climate finance dominated the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change negotiations at its 21st meeting of the Conference of the Parties, (COP 21) in Paris, France.
- Zambia: Police Rush to Plane Crash 'Training' by Airports Corp
[Zambian Watchdog] A rescue expert has strongly condemned the Zambia Airports Corporation for conducting hoax plane crashes saying a plane crash is not something joke about.
- Kenya: Teacher Kills Man Who Stopped Him From Beating His Wife
[Nation] Christmas festivities in Likuyani, Kakamega County were thrown into disarray after a man was shot dead with an arrow as he tried to intervene in a fight between a primary school teacher and his wife.
- Kenya: Ben Carson's Ancestors Not From Kenya – the Man and His Contradictions
[Nation] The ancestors of US Republican Party presidential hopeful, Dr Ben Carson — who controversially claims some ancestry in Kenya — included members of many different tribal groups in Africa, DNA tests have shown.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>