news From All Africa
- Egypt: Tourism Dips in Egypt's Main Holiday Hub
[News24Wire] Very few holidaymakers are visiting Luxor for the Christmas and New Year season, deepening the economic woes of Egypt’s southern city, which is a main tourist destination.
- Nigeria: Nnewi Fire Disaster – Relatives Search Bushes for Bodies of Victims
[Vanguard] Nnewi (Anambra) -Relatives of victims of Nnewi gas explosion, yesterday, combed bushes near the gas plant for corpses of missing family members, even as the Anambra Fire Service has eventually succeeded in putting out the fire.
- Somalia: Assault On Shabaab Bearing Fruit, Says Kenyan Official
[Nation] The splitting of the Somalia-based terror group Al-Shabaab into two is as a result of the persistent pressure by the African Union Mission to Somalia (Amisom) troops, Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery has said.
- Burundi: Nkurunziza Urged to Accept African Union Peacekeepers
[Al Jazeera] Burundi’s government has been urged by the the African Union to allow peacekeepers into the country as the move was not part of any “other agenda”.
- Nigeria: Search for Bodies Continues After Gas Plant Inferno
[Guardian] Awka -FOLLOWING the inferno that killed a number of people at Inter Corp Oil Limited (LPG Gas Plant), a subsidiary of Chikason Group, in Nnewi on Thursday, relatives of the victims were yesterday seen searching the bushes around the factory for remains of their missing family members.
- Ethiopia: Ethiopian Opposition Urges Scrutiny of Industrial Plan
[Al Jazeera] The international community needs to pressure the Ethiopian government to halt land grabs and respect human rights, an opposition party leader has said after two prominent opposition members were arrested for inciting protests in Oromiya earlier this week.
- North Africa: Migrants Drown Fleeing Morocco
[Al Jazeera] At least two people have died and 12 others injured when hundreds of migrants swam from Morocco to the Spanish enclave of Ceuta and tried scaling the border fence.
- Nigeria: Muslims at Christmas Worship With Christians in Kaduna
[Daily Trust] No fewer than 150 Muslim youths and Imams worshipped together with Christians during Christmas service in Kaduna to strengthen peace, unity and religious tolerance in the state, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
- Nigeria: Buhari – I'm Shaken, Shocked By Nnewi Gas Tragedy
[Daily Trust] President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed deep regret over the death of tens of people in Anambra State following an industrial gas explosion on the eve of Christmas.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>