news From All Africa
- South Africa: Sundowns Down Amakhosi to Lift Telkom Cup
[News24Wire] Kaizer Chiefs missed two second half penalties in Wednesday’s 3-1 Telkom Knockout final defeat to Mamelodi Sundowns, but the record books will not tell that story.
- Nigeria: President Obama on Selection of Adewale Adeyemo as Deputy National Security Advisor
[White House] For the past four years, I have relied on Caroline Atkinson, most recently as my Deputy National Security Advisor for International Economics, as we’ve navigated pressing challenges to the global economy.
- South Africa: Vodacom Rejects Attempt to Attach DRC Assets
[News24Wire] Vodacom [JSE:VOD] has rejected an attempt to attach its assets in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) amid a legal dispute.
- Africa: Why Africa Still Attracts Hunters
[The Conversation Africa] Africa is known as one of the best safari destination in the world. Its vast grass plains, forests, deserts, mountains, big lakes and beautiful coastlines make it hugely attractive.
- Zimbabwe: Media Under Siege Again
[African Arguments] Through arrests of journalists and threatening speeches, the government is signalling its intent to repress Zimbabwe’s media. And it will likely get worse.
- Africa: Scidev.Net's Best Films of 2015
[SciDev.Net] This compilation of videos published by SciDev.Net over the course of the year includes clips from films on a diverse set of topics – from using lasers to measure how much carbon is trapped in the world’s tropical forests to work on discovering plants to treat tuberculosis. It also journeys from the rainforest in Belize to a superlab in Ghana.
- South Sudan: UN Peacekeepers – Protecting Some of the People Some of the Time
[African Arguments] While the UN’s actions are appreciated by the thousands seeking refuge in protected sites, there are millions more outside who are suffering. The UN peacekeeping mission has simply not done enough.
- Nigeria: Rivers Governor Poll – Appeal Court Upholds Wike's Sack
[Vanguard] The Court of Appeal, sitting in Abuja, yesterday, upheld the nullification of the April 11 governorship election that brought Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State to power.
- Zimbabwe: Investors Eye Zimbabwe Despite the Gloom
[Financial Gazette] ZIMBABWE’s economy continued in the doldrums during 2015, but there was no ‘complete blackout’ on investment inflows.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>