news From All Africa
- Zimbabwe: Legislator Arrested for Insulting Grace Mugabe
[New Zimbabwe] ZANU PF legislator for Gokwe-Nembudziya, Justice Mayor Wadyajena, was arrested in Victoria Falls at the close of the party’s national conference for insulting the First Lady Grace Mugabe.
- South Africa: Stop Using Public Institutions As Personal Toys – Finance Minister
[News24Wire] It is time for people to stop using public institutions as their personal toys.
- South Africa: Team to Tackle Fishing Industry 'Fronting'
[News24Wire] The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries will appoint a forensics team to combat ‘fronting’ in the fishing industry.
- Tanzania: Magufuli 'Bans' Meat, Lunches During Meetings
[The Star] Tanzania President John Magufuli has called on all public institutions to cut expenditure on refreshments during meetings and have funds channeled to more important needs.
- Mali: Peace From Below?
- Africa: Paris Climate Deal Paves Way for Further Science
[SciDev.Net] A deal to reduce global emissions and help the world adapt to climate change was signed in Paris on 12 December – with earlier concerns that science would be ignored allayed by new promises.
- Africa: Guide to Some of Continent's Best, and Cleanest Beaches
[The Conversation Africa] Africa has some of the best beaches in the world. Tourists will be flocking to them soon as those in the southern hemisphere take summer holidays and those from the north look for ways to escape their winter.
- Africa: African Business in China
[Al Jazeera] Many African entrepreneurs today consider China as the new land of opportunities.
- South Africa: Zuma's About-Turn Shows Power of Media, and Markets
[The Conversation Africa] South Africa has had three finance ministers in the space of four days. First President Jacob Zuma replaced the trusted and competent Nhlanhla Nene with David van Rooyen, a malleable backbencher with a poor service delivery record.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>