news From All Africa
- Burundi: Citizens Flee Capital in Run-up to Crackdown
[Al Jazeera] Families are fleeing their homes in Burundi’s capital over fears the government will unleash a fresh wave of bloodletting as part of a crackdown to stamp out resistance to the president.
- South Africa: Only Obama Has a Better Plane Than Zuma – Political Analyst
[News24Wire] Only United States of America president Barack Obama has a better plane than what President Jacob Zuma currently has, an academic said on Monday.
- South Africa: Ruling Party Comes Before Country, President Says
[News24Wire] President Jacob Zuma believes the African National Congress comes before the country.
- South Africa: Telkom Confirms Bid to Buy Cell C
[News24Wire] South Africa’s biggest fixed line network Telkom [JSE:TKG] has for the first time confirmed that it is in discussions about a possible acquisition of mobile network Cell C.
- Burundi: What's at the Core of the Crisis?
[African Arguments] The government’s use of repression over dialogue has put the country and region’s stability at risk.
- South Africa: Near Week-Long Heatwave to Hit Parts of Country
[News24Wire] An almost week-long heatwave is expected over parts of the country, with some maximum temperatures expected to hit 40 degrees Celsius on Monday.
- Uganda: Uganda's Oil Account Has $36m, Central Bank Report Shows
[Citizen] Kampala -Uganda’s account meant to hold oil money, The Petroleum Fund, is currently holding $36m (about Ush119 billion), Bank of Uganda (BoU) 2014/15 Annual Report shows.
- Africa: WHO's Meat Warning Described As Alarmist
[Nation] A major point about a recent World Health Organization report on links between cancer and meat got little attention.
- Egypt: Death Toll in Beheira Rises to 25 in Weather Calamity
[Aswat Masriya] Twenty-five people have been killed to date s a result of heavy rainfall and floods in the province of Beheira, north of Cairo, according to state-run MENA news agency.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>