Latest News November 19, 2015
November 19, 2015
news From All Africa
- South Africa: Three Culprits Behind Weird Weather Patterns
[The Conversation Africa] As maximum temperatures soared to 39℃ in South Africa’s capital city, Pretoria, during the second week of November, residents were asking: why is it so unbearably hot this year? And why have there been successive heat waves?
- Africa: Meningitis A Vaccine – How Partnership Replaced 'Big Pharma'
[IRIN] London -Four years after it was first used in a mass vaccination campaign, the MenAfriVac vaccine has achieved an extraordinary outcome; cases of meningitis A have dropped to almost zero in the epidemic belt across Africa.
- Nigeria: Govt – 45 Million People At Risk of Bilharzia
[Daily Trust] More than 45 million people across 34 states are at risk of infestation with schistosomiasis and will need treatment, the federal heslth ministry has said.
- Malawi: Man Arrested for Selling 'Dog Meat'
[Nyasa Times] Police at Balaka district eastern Malawi is keeping in custody a 31-year-old man for allegedly selling dog meat.
- Kenya: Rains Kill 10 in Narok
[The Star] Ten people have died since heavy rains started pounding Narok county at the beginning of this month.
- Kenya: Hague Court States Agree to Discuss Rule on Evidence
[The Star] Kenya has scored a first against the ICC and powerful global NGOs in its push to withdraw the use of recanted testimony in the case against Deputy President William Ruto.
- Nigeria: Super Eagles Grumble Over e-Payment Bonus
[This Day] Super Eagles were said to be unhappy as they were not paid their win bonus in cash after the World Cup qualifier against Swaziland as is the practice following a new arrangement of electronic transfer of these bonuses.
- Kenya: Kilifi Residents Sleep in Trees as Water Swamps Homesteads
[The Star] Kilifi county is experiencing the worst floods in more than 20 years.
- Nigeria: Country Grossly Under-Policed – Ex-President Obasanjo
[Premium Times] Nigeria’s former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, on Wednesday said Nigeria is grossly under-policed.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | January 16, 2021 5:56 am
Pan African Visions | January 16, 2021 5:49 am
Pan African Visions | January 16, 2021 3:15 am
Pan African Visions | January 14, 2021 4:59 pm
January 16, 2021 6:14 am
January 16, 2021 5:56 am
January 16, 2021 5:49 am
January 16, 2021 3:15 am
January 16, 2021 3:00 am