news From All Africa
- Madagascar: Govt Plans to Amend Law That Fuels Statelessness
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Dar es Salaam -Madagascar plans to amend a discriminatory nationality law that stops mothers passing citizenship to their children, making thousands stateless on the Indian Ocean island.
- Kenya: Kenya Gets Sh1.3 Billion U.S. Grant for Public Health Labs
[Nation] The US has given the Kenyan government a five-year Sh1.3 billion grant to strengthen public health facilities’ ability to handle infectious diseases.
- South Africa: English to Be Main Language of Instruction At Stellenbosch University
[News24Wire] All learning at Stellenbosch University will soon be done in English, the institution said.
- Gabon: French Court Allows Viewing of President Ali Bongo's Birth Certificate
[RFI] A French court has allowed details of the birth certificate of Gabonese President Ali Bongo Ondimba to be seen by another member of the family of former president Omar Bongo Ondimba. Bongo’s opponents claim that he was adopted and is of foreign origin.
- Africa: Measles Vaccination Has Saved About 17.1 Million Lives Since 2000
[GAVI] Geneva -But, 2015 global milestones and measles elimination goals are off track
- Kenya: National Anthem Composer Dies
[The Star] Residents of Hola town in Tana River county are mourning the death of Mzee Galana Meza, one of the tune composers of the national anthem.
- South Africa: Bus Driver Suspended for Leading Passengers in Prayer
[News24Wire] A MyCiti bus driver has been suspended after he disobeyed an instruction to not lead passengers in prayer.
- Kenya: 70 MPs Spend Millions at Ruto ICC Case
[The Star] A high profile Kenyan delegation that is set to storm the ICC’s Assembly of States Parties meeting is likely to cost the taxpayer at least Sh70 million.
- South Africa: Customers Irate As Joburg Supermarkets Run Dry
[News24Wire] Supermarkets around Johannesburg are battling to cope with the increasing shortage of water supply.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>