news From All Africa
- South Sudan: Displaced and Hungry After South Sudan's Peace Deal
[Al Jazeera] Cradles and baskets balanced on their heads, thousands of women and children streamed in from the bush to two outposts in the swamps of Koch county in Unity state, the heart of South Sudan’s civil war.
- Nigeria: Buhari Calls for Tight Security After Bomb Attacks
[This Day] Abuja -Following Friday’s bomb blasts in Kuje and Nyanya, President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday called on security agencies to increase surveillance across the country.
- Zimbabwe: Who Will Take Over Zifa Hot Seat ?
[Zimbabwe Standard] Businessman Phillip Chiyangwa is among a host of names that are already being thrown around as potential successors of fired Zifa president Cuthbert Dube.
- Zimbabwe: FIFA Sees Grim Future for Zimbabwe Football
[Zimbabwe Standard] A top Fifa official yesterday said removing Cuthbert Dube from the helm of Zifa was not the solution to the crisis facing Zimbabwean football as there were other challenges that prevented the world soccer governing body from supporting local football.
- Zimbabwe: Tapping Into Solar Energy the Way to Go
[Zimbabwe Standard] Many people in urban areas are shifting to alternative energy sources such as solar and generators as the power cuts intensify.
- Kenya: Uhuru Makes Major Changes in Parastatal Sector
[Nation] President Uhuru Kenyatta has made far-reaching changes in the parastatal sector, naming more than 350 appointees as he seeks to stamp his authority on the crucial sector at the mid-point of his first term in office.
- Somalia: Bomb Explosion Hits Restaurant
[Shabelle] Loud bomb explosion went off near a busy restaurant, popular with government troops in Halgan town in central Somalia’s Hiran region, witnesses said.
- Zimbabwe: Mugabe Scuttles Re-Engagement Hopes
[Zimbabwe Standard] ZIMBABWE is in the throes of a debilitating economic and political crisis and President Robert Mugabe is expected to lead from the front in order to take the country out of the mire.
- Zimbabwe: Farmers Vow to Abandon Cotton
[Zimbabwe Standard] LOCAL farmers are contemplating dumping cotton as they continue to struggle to get returns on their investments.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>