Latest News October 15, 2015
October 15, 2015
news From All Africa
- South Africa: Pedestrian Bridge Collapses in Johannesburg
[News24Wire] The pedestrian bridge under construction across the M1 highway in Sandton has collapsed, falling on at least one car.
- Africa: India's Compact With Africa
[IPS] New Delhi -The third India-Africa Forum Summit to be held in New Delhi later this month – in which 54 African countries will participate – is expected to result in a deeper engagement between India and Africa. This summit takes place at a time when both need each other more than ever before.
- Kenya: 105 MPs Sign Motion to Impeach President
[The Star] Some 105 MPs have signed a motion to impeach President Uhuru Kenyatta over claims he has violated the constitution.
- Zimbabwe: Grace Mugabe, Son Russell Donate Millions in Goods
[New Zimbabwe] GRACE Mugabe’s son, Russell Goreraza was a surprise newcomer to a stampede by Zanu PF politicians to donate goodies which were passed onto party followers during the first lady’s Mashonaland Central star rally on Wednesday.
- South Africa: Cape Town CBD Moving Towards a 24-Hour Economy
[News24Wire] The central city of Cape Town is on a development trajectory that could see it supporting a 24-hour economy, according to Cape Town Central City Improvement District (CCID) chairperson Rob Kane.
- South Africa: #witsfeesmustfall Students Stand Firm
[The Daily Vox] Wits University’s Student Representative Council (SRC) protest against the 10.5% fee increase slated for next year continues on Thursday.
- Kenya: Parliament Imposes Hefty Fine, Jail-Term On Media for Defamation
[The Star] MPs have approved a clause in the Powers and Privileges Bill that imposes heavy penalties on journalists who publish libellous material concerning Parliament.
- Kenya: Uganda Asks Kenyans to Accept the Sugar Deal
[The Star] Uganda yesterday accused Kenya of not being keen to follow the East African Community Common Market protocol.
- South Africa: 'The Wind Blew – Then There Was a Loud Boom and the Bridge Collapsed'
[News24Wire] A construction worker with Murray & Roberts has spoken of how he witnessed the moment a temporary scaffolding structure in Sandton collapsed on Wednesday, leaving two dead and 23 injured.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | January 14, 2021 4:59 pm
Pan African Visions | January 14, 2021 4:15 pm
Pan African Visions | January 14, 2021 4:54 am
Pan African Visions | January 14, 2021 4:42 am
January 14, 2021 10:08 pm
January 14, 2021 4:59 pm
January 14, 2021 4:15 pm
January 14, 2021 3:37 pm
January 14, 2021 5:09 am