Latest News October 13, 2015
October 13, 2015
news From All Africa
- Nigeria: How Govt Can Weather Low Oil Prices and Slow Growth
[The Conversation Africa] Ever since Nigeria started harvesting its petroleum endowment, its economy’s umbilical cord has avoidably been firmly tied to the volatility of this commodity’s price.
- Zimbabwe: UN's Urgent Appeal for U.S.$86 Million to Tackle Food Insecurity
[UN News] The United Nations in Zimbabwe has appealed to humanitarian and development partners for $86 million that is critically needed to fill a shortfall to support 1.5 million people affected by food insecurity in the country.
- Uganda: Distance Runner Cheptegei Breaks 10km National Record in Germany
[Monitor] Kampala -Ugandan long distance runner Joshua Cheptegei began his preparations for next year’s Rio Olympics by winning the ASICS Grand Berlin 10K Run on Sunday.
- Kenya: MP Backs Down on Bill to Gag Media
[The Star] Eldas legislator Adan Keynan yesterday dropped contentious clauses in a proposed law that would curtail media coverage of Parliament.
- North Africa: Algeria and Its Neighbours
[ICG] EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Africa: Will African Leaders Fight for Our Farmers?
[IPS] Pretoria -Climate change is changing the world we know and love. Our land, homes and food are at risk. With nearly a billion people already living in poverty, it is also the single biggest threat to the fight against hunger.
- Cameroon: UN Condemns Suicide Attacks in Cameroon
[UN News] United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today condemned the suicide attacks in Kangaleri, Cameroon, on 11 October, suspected to be carried out by Boko Haram elements.
- South Africa: How to Leave the ICC
[News24Wire] Withdrawing South Africa from the International Criminal Court (ICC) would not be easy, according to Lawyers for Human Rights.
- South Africa: We Are Being Molested – Artist Behind Naked Zuma Painting
[News24Wire] President Jacob Zuma is the subject of another painting in which his genitals are depicted in an artist’s view of South African society – this time Ayanda Mabulu’s The Pornography of Power.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | January 18, 2021 5:52 am
Pan African Visions | January 18, 2021 5:03 am
Pan African Visions | January 18, 2021 3:32 am
Pan African Visions | January 17, 2021 4:54 pm
January 18, 2021 5:52 am
January 18, 2021 5:03 am
January 18, 2021 4:16 am
January 18, 2021 3:51 am
January 18, 2021 3:32 am