news From All Africa
- Kenya: Envoy Wants Kenyan Women Barred From Taking Jobs in Saudi Arabia
[Nation] Kenya’s ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Mohamed Mohamud, has recommended a total ban on sending female workers to the kingdom as a way of reducing incidents of mistreatment.
- Kenya: Norway Identifies Westgate Mall Attacker
[The Star] Norway’s security agencies have confirmed a Norwegian of Somali descent was among terrorists behind the al Shabaab attack on Westgate Mall in 2013.
- Tanzania: Local Data Underpins Next Malaria Plan
[SciDev.Net] Tanzania’s health ministry is set to revisit the way it goes about collecting data to control malaria following new insights into the disease.
- Zimbabwe: Elephant Stuck in Mud for Four Days Euthanised
[News24Wire] A young elephant bull stuck in mud up to his head for up to four days on the shores of Zimbabwe’s Lake Kariba has had to be euthanised, an animal welfare group announced.
- Africa: Indigenous Communities Key to Combating Climate Change
[RFI] Progress with combating climate change and saving the world’s forests cannot be done without the work of the indigenous and local people who live there, a key message coming out of the World Forestry Congress being held in Durban, South Africa this week.
- Africa: Any Such Thing As a 'Safe' Country?
[IRIN] London -At the same time as European Union nations consider opening their doors to more Syrian refugees, they are looking for ways to close them to asylum seekers from other countries.
- Africa: More Than Half of 11.2 Billion People By 2100 Will Be in Africa – Report
[East African] The world’s population is projected to increase to 8.5 billion by 2030, and exceed 11 billion within the next century, a United Nations report says. And there should be 11.2 billion people on Earth by the end of this century.
- Zimbabwe: Mujuru Attacked Over New Party Initiative
[New Zimbabwe] JOICE Mujuru’s confirmation that she will contest the 2018 vote appears to have rubbed Zanu PF the wrong way with politburo members Saviour Kasukuwere and Jonathan Moyo leading the attack on the former vice president.
- Africa: Three Priorities for the Future of Climate Science
[SciDev.Net] As part of our round of interviews with the people seeking to lead the most authoritative body in climate science, we speak with Swiss scientist Thomas Stocker.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>