news From All Africa
- Chad: Former Chadian President Habre Again Disrupts Trial for War Crimes
[Deutsche Welle] The war crimes trial of Chad’s former President Hissene Habre in Senegal’s capital, Dakar, was delayed today when he refused to appear in court. Habre was brought in by force.
- Kenya: Police Launch Hunt for 'Doctor' Linked to Rape of Patients
[Nation] Police were o Monday looking for the owner of a clinic in Nairobi after he was linked to a video that appears to show an unconscious female patient being raped by a “doctor”.
- Kenya: Protesting Teachers Take to Streets
[Nation] Teachers across the country on Monday defied their employer and took to the streets to demand higher pay as their strike paralysed learning in public schools for the third working day.
- Nigeria: I Will Name My Ministers Before Sept 30 – Buhari
[Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday in Aburi, Ghana, restated his earlier stand that he would name his cabinet before the end of this month.
- Africa: South Africa's Anderson Upsets Andy Murray at US Open
[News24Wire] South Africa’s Kevin Anderson was elated after upsetting British third seed Andy Murray to reach the US Open quarter-finals in New York on Monday (US time).
- South Africa: Gold for Le Clos, Van Der Burgh at All Africa Games
[News24Wire] The South African swimming team continued to dominate the pool, adding twelve medals (six gold, three silver and three bronze) and two Championship records to their tally on the second day of the aquatics programme at the 11th All Africa Games in Brazzaville on Monday.
- Africa: Mentoring the Next Generation of Scientists in Africa
[The Conversation Africa] Mentoring the next generation of scientists in Africa should start from primary school, continue at university and extend into the workplace.
- Guinea Bissau: Guinea-Bissau Names New Goverment Amid Criticism
[Deutsche Welle] Guinea-Bissau’s President Jose Mario Vaz has named a new government after dismissing the previous cabinet. Vaz received backing from the West African country’s second-largest political party.
- Nigeria: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times – President Buhari
[Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in Aburi, Ghana, reassured Nigerians and the international community that he would name his cabinet before the end of the month.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>