Latest News September 27, 2015
September 27, 2015
news From All Africa
- South Africa: Man in Dock for Bank Bomb Threats
[News24Wire] A man accused of making numerous bomb threats to two major banks last month is expected in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court on Monday after the Hawks tracked and arrested him at his workplace in Limpopo.
- South Africa: Four Children Drown After Rowing Boat Overturns in KZN
[News24Wire] The bodies of four children, among them two brothers, were recovered on Saturday after they drowned at the Mountain Park Dam.
- Nigeria: Polio Is No Longer Endemic in Nigeria
[UN News] The World Health Organization (WHO) announced today that polio is no longer endemic in Nigeria, leaving the devastating disease endemic in only two countries and bringing the world one major step closer to achieving this goal of ending polio for good.
- South Africa: 'Hijackers' Nabbed After Boksburg, Germiston Robbery Spree
[News24Wire] Three alleged hijackers were arrested after a robbery spree in Boksburg and Germiston on Saturday morning, the Ekhuruleni Metro Police Department has said.
- Egypt: Death Toll of Egyptians in Haj Stampede Rises to 37 – Minister
[Aswat Masriya] The number of Egyptians who were killed in a stampede near the Holy Saudi city of Makkah rose to 37, Egypt’s religious endowments minister said on Saturday.
- South Africa: Two Pedestrians Killed in KZN Crash
[News24Wire] Two pedestrians were killed on the N2 in Tinley Manor, KwaZulu Natal, on Saturday afternoon when a car hit the duo before rolling.
- South Africa: Three Hurt As Whale Strikes Yacht Near Fish Hoek
[News24Wire] Three people were injured when their yacht struck a whale near Fish Hoek on Saturday.
- Africa: Cooperation Among Developing Nations Key to Achieving New Anti-Poverty Goals
[UN News] Cooperation among developing countries across a full spectrum ranging from trade to financing to technology transfers has a key role to play in achieving the ambitious goals of the newly adopted 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said today.
- Nigeria: Let's Honour Our Heroes While Alive, Fayose Advises Politicians
[Vanguard] Ado-Ekiti-Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayo Fayose, has cautioned politicians against playing politics with the death of Nationalists and great Nigerian leaders to score cheap political points.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | October 20, 2020 1:23 am
Pan African Visions | October 20, 2020 12:08 am
Sudan’s record wheat harvest is proof that Bank agricultural transformation program will boost breadbasket goal
Pan African Visions | October 19, 2020 6:24 pm
Pan African Visions | October 19, 2020 6:05 pm
October 20, 2020 11:59 am
October 20, 2020 7:26 am
October 20, 2020 7:08 am
October 20, 2020 7:08 am
October 20, 2020 4:26 am