news From All Africa
- Ethiopia: Addis Residents Can Finally Enjoy Fast Train Ride
[Nation] Addis Ababa -Habiba Awol, 24, is excited ahead of her first train ride.
- Africa: Dangote Cement Named Africa's Business of the Year
[CAJ News] Lagos -Dangote Cement has been honoured as the 2015 AfricanBusiness of the Year as Nigeria dominated the just-ended African BusinessAwards in New York in the United States.
- South Africa: Car Crumpled in Deadly Durban Crash
[News24Wire] One person was killed in an accident in Glenashley, Durban on Thursday night, paramedics said.
- Kenya: Lack of Groundwater Data Is Keeping Kenya Thirsty, Experts Say
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Nairobi -When Charles Wachira, the proprietor of Maji Drilling Services, was contracted by a local church organisation to sink four borehole wells for a pastoralist community in north-central Kenya, his first worry was how to find water.
- Kenya: No September Pay for Teachers On Strike
[Nation] Teachers on strike will not get this month’s salary.
- Tanzania: Minister Celina Kombani Dies
[Daily News] The Minister of State in the President’s Office, Public Service Management, Ms Celina Ompeshi Kombani (56), has died in India while receiving treatment.
- Nigeria: Washington Pledges U.S.$45 Million to Fight Boko Haram
[Deutsche Welle] Washington is to provide millions of dollars worth of military equipment and training to help African nations tackle the Boko Haram threat. The Islamist extremists have killed more than 17,000 in West Africa since 2009.
- Tanzania: Govt to Intensify War Against Albino Killers
[Daily News] Union presidential candidate on CCM ticket, Dr John Magufuli, has vowed to intensify the war against killings of people with albinism and the elderly, which are on the increase in Lake Zone regions.
- South Africa: Respected Sports Photographer Dies
[News24Wire] One of the country’s most respected sports photographers, Duif du Toit, has died.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>