news From All Africa
- Burkina Faso: Army Issues Ultimatum to Coup Leaders
[Al Jazeera] Burkina Faso’s army has issued an ultimatum to coup leaders to lay down their weapons or face attack, hours after the elite presidential guard released the country’s prime minister, Yacouba Isaac Zida, from custody.
- Kenya: Woman Kills Lover Over Text
[The Star] Police in Nairobi are holding a 21-year-old woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend to death in a fight over a text message.
- Mozambique: China's Slowdown May Threaten Mozambique's Growth
[AIM] London -A report written by UK based company Fathom Consulting warns that the Mozambican economy is likely to be hit by the slowdown in Chinese economic growth.
- Nigeria: Deaths As Boko Haram Hits Maiduguri
[Al Jazeera] At least 54 people were killed in a series of blasts in the northeast Nigerian city of Maiduguri, police said, the latest attacks by Boko Haram armed rebels on “soft” civilian targets.
- Somalia: Car Blast Targets Presidential Palace
[Al Jazeera] A car bomb has exploded near the presidential palace in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu, police said.
- Nigeria: Buhari Hosts Ecowas Summit On Burkina Faso Crisis Today
[Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari will today (Tuesday) host an extraordinary summit of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) authority of heads of state and government to address the political crisis in Burkina Faso.
- Nigeria: Okonjo-Iweala Bags Two Key Global Positions
[This Day] Abuja -Immediate-past Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has bagged two key appointments, making her the fourth prominent player in the last administration of President Goodluck Jonathan to get top global jobs.
- Nigeria: Obasanjo Writes Children Story Book On Peace
[Vanguard] Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, launched a children’s story book on peace to celebrate the the 2015 International Day of Peace,
- Burkina Faso: Burkina Faso Army Heads for Capital to Disarm Coup Leaders
[Deutsche Welle] Burkina Faso’s military has converged on the capital to disarm the elite presidential guard responsible for a government coup last week. Earlier, coup leader Gilbert Diendere hinted he was ready to hand over power.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>