Latest News September 21, 2015
news From All Africa
- Burkina Faso: Burkina Faso Coup Supporters Storm Hotel Hosting Talks[Deutsche Welle] Supporters of Burkina Faso’s military coup have broken into the hotel where negotiators were due to announce a deal on ending the crisis. Previously, the mediators hinted at the return of the civilian government.
- Ghana: Suspect in Gay Hate Crime Arrested[Accra Report] Suspect Sulley Fuiseni, a 30 year old leader of a group called Safety Empire , a gang that allegedly brutally assault a man suspected to be a gay in Nima has finally been arrested.
- Egypt: New Egyptian Government Sworn In[News24Wire] Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi swore in a new government Saturday, a week after he accepted the resignation of the previous government amid a corruption investigation.
- Uganda: Former Soccer Manager Jailed for Same-Sex Offences[Deutsche Welle] A court in Kampala has jailed former soccer star Chris Mubira for same-sex offences. Lawyers and rights’ activists have voiced deep concern.
- Nigeria: How Boko Haram Keeps Its Secrets Secret[African Arguments] Three ways one of the world’s most notorious militant groups manages to remain one of the least understood.
- Zambia: Lungu Creates Five More Ministries[Zambian Watchdog] President Edgar Lungu has created five more ministries adding more costs to his already bloated cabinet. This is all part of his plans to appease more cadres by giving them political jobs.
- Africa: Continent's Earliest Known Coelacanth Found[News24Wire] More than 30 specimens of a new fossil species of coelacanth have been found near Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape, according to the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Uganda: Several Dead As Drought, Famine Hit Karamoja[Observer] Several elderly persons and children have reportedly starved to death in Moroto and Napak districts weeks after government pledged to send emergency food aid to Karamoja.
- Kenya: Farmers Take Unbanning of GMOs to Court[The Star] A farmer’s group yesterday challenged in court the plan to lift the ban on genetically modified foods.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>