news From All Africa
- Zimbabwe: Mapfumo Gets Moz 'Honour'
[Zimbabwe Standard] CHIMURENGA music guru Thomas “Mkanya” Mapfumo, this week takes his act to Mozambique where he is billed to perform at three gigs to mark that country’s Defence and Security Forces/Revolution Day.
- Zimbabwe: Mugabe Speech Blunder – Details Emerge
[Zimbabwe Standard] JUST after President Robert Mugabe began reading the second paragraph of his supposedly Parliament opening speech, it dawned on his spokesperson George Charamba that disaster had struck. Panic and confusion followed in the public gallery where he was seated.
- Zimbabwe: Her Style – Fashion Allows You to Earn Respect, Says Sophie Ndaba
[New Zimbabwe] SOPHIE Ndaba stunned in her pink straight chiffon high low dress, with matching elegant purple upper and closed-toes stiletto heels when she opened the Edgars Stores annual Fashion Extravaganza promotion in Harare last Thursday.
- Zimbabwe: Ex-Con Buys Police Uniform to Avoid Paying Bus Fare
[New Zimbabwe] AN ex-convict is back in the can barely three weeks following his release after he was arrested for buying a complete police uniform along with an identity card in order to travel for free.
- Zimbabwe: Walking Aided Mugabe in Uncharacteristic 17-Minute Heroes' Acre Speech
[New Zimbabwe] President Robert Mugabe, on Saturday, surprised many when he delivered what should rank as his shortest ever address during the burial of a national hero at the shrine in Harare.
- Zimbabwe: Drug Peddler Offers Cops Sex in Bid to Avoid Arrest
[New Zimbabwe] A FEMALE dagga peddler offered cops sex in exchange for her freedom after she was arrested at a Triangle road block while importing the drug from Mozambique, a Chiredzi heard recently.
- Burkina Faso: Nation to Return to Civilian Rule After Coup
[Al Jazeera] Burkina Faso will return to civilian rule and reinstate an interim government led by president Michel Kafando.
- South Africa: Conditions At Pollsmoor Disturbing – POPCRU
[News24Wire] The Police and Prisons Civil Rights Union (Popcru) on Saturday said they were “severely disturbed” by conditions at Pollsmoor Prison.
- South Africa: Boks Stunned By 'Brave Blossoms'
[News24Wire] The Springboks were rocked by Japan on Saturday night, going down 34-32 in what is surely the biggest upset in the history of the tournament.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>