news From All Africa
- Nigeria: Nigeria's Women Wrestlers Make Clean Sweep At All Africa Games
[Daily Trust] It was indeed a super day yesterday for Team Wrestling at the ongoing All Africa Games in Congo Brazzaville as eight Nigerian female wrestlers made a clean sweep of medals in their weight categories.
- Tanzania: Country's Current Account Deficit Narrows
[Daily News] The current account balance narrowed by 16.2 per cent to a deficit of 4,440.4 million US dollars in the year ended July this year compared with the corresponding period in 2014.
- Uganda: Pope Invites Clerics to Vatican
[Monitor] Kampala -The Pope has invited two senior Catholic Church clerics in Uganda, alongside 277 colleagues from around the world, to discuss the role of the family in advancing the church’s mission.
- Kenya: Kenya Airways Defends Expensive Tickets
[The Star] Kenya airways has defended its air ticket prices from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport saying the charges are considerate.
- South Africa: Rugby Museum in Top One Percent of World's Attractions
[News24Wire] The South African Rugby Union’s Springbok Experience Rugby Museum has been named in the top 1% of world attractions, by TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site.
- Kenya: Opposition Calls for Motion to Impeach Kenyatta
[The Star] CORD yesterday revealed a plan to impeach President Uhuru Kenyatta for ‘violating’ the constitution by refusing to pay teachers a court-ordered salary increase.
- Nigeria: 18 States Receive Bail-Out Funds
[Daily Trust] Eighteen states have been able to draw from the relief package recently approved by President Muhammadu Buhari, the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, has said.
- Africa: Southern Climate Scientists 'Absent from Global Debate'
[SciDev.Net] Climate change researchers from developing countries are finding it hard to get their work accepted and highlighted in international discussions, a conference has heard.
- South Africa: Police Arrested After Fatal Shooting At Vigil
[News24Wire] Two Johannesburg Metro Police Department officers have been arrested in connection with the murder of a 28-year-old man from Meadowlands in Soweto.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>