news From All Africa
- Namibia: Proposal to Move the Capital of Erongo
[Namibia Economist] Honourable Usutuaije Maamberu, Member of Parliament and president of SWANU sent out a statement that proposed that the capital of the Erongo Region be moved from Swakopmund to Usakos, Karibib or Omaruru.
- Nigeria: Super Eagles Must Raise Its Game – Oliseh
[Independent (Lagos)] Super Eagles must raise its game, if it hopes to regain its domineering status in African football.
- Egypt: Court Sentences 12 to Death for Islamic State Affiliation
[Aswat Masriya] Zagazig -The Zagazig Criminal Court sentenced 12 defendants to death on Saturday on charges of forming an “Islamic State-affiliated terrorist cell.”
- South Africa: Teen Presumed to Have Drowned At Camps Bay
[News24Wire] A 17-year-old teen who went missing while swimming at Camps Bay beach on Saturday morning is presumed to have drowned.
- South Africa: No South Africans Injured in Deadly Crane Collapse – Dirco
[News24Wire] The South African Consulate in Jeddah is monitoring the situation in Mecca for South African casualties after a crane collapse killed more than 100 people at the Grand Mosque, the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (Dirco) said on Saturday.
- Nigeria: Musician to Drag MTN to Court Over Copyright
[Premium Times] An Abuja- based musician, Omenuwoma Okson Dovie, aka Baba 2010, is set to drag MTN Nigeria to court for infringing on his copyright in four musical works, namely “Gentleman “Ometena”, “Twisted” and “Unity Song.”
- South Africa: SA's Medal Tally Grows to 89 At African Games
[News24Wire] At 19:13 on Friday evening the South African anthem rang out for the last time around the Complexe Nautique at the African Games.
- Nigeria: Buhari Vows to Punish Officers, Soldiers Involved in Human Rights Violations
[Premium Times] President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday in Kaduna reaffirmed his administration’s total commitment to the rule of law and warned that proven acts of human rights violation by the Armed Forces would be punished.
- Kenya: Cotu Suspends Nationwide Workers Strike
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The Central Organization of Trade Unions (COTU) has suspended a nationwide workers strike slated for Monday.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>