news From All Africa
- Africa: The AU's Plans for an African Passport a Pie in the Sky?
[ISS] Amid the furore over Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir’s attendance, along with celebrities like Angelina Jolie, some of the discussions at last month’s African Union (AU) summit in Johannesburg went largely unnoticed.
- South Africa/Tunisia: Orlando Pirates Beat Tunisian Giants
[News24Wire] Orlando Pirates beat CS Sfaxien 2-0 in their CAF Confederation Cup clash at Orlando Stadium on Saturday night with starlets Thabo Rakhale and Menzi Masuku grabbing a goal each in superb fashion.
- South Africa/Tunisia: Tinkler – I'm Happy to Get the Result
[CAF] Orlando Pirates coach Eric Tinkler was very pleased about the performance of his defensive line in their 2-0 victory over Club Sportif Sfaxien in their Group B clash at the Orlando Stadium in Johannesburg on Saturday night.
- South Africa/Tunisia: Pirates Inch Closer to Semis After Sfaxien Double
[CAF] South African club Orlando Pirates defeated Tunisia’s Club Sportif Sfaxien 2-0 in a Group B encounter at the Orlando Stadium in Johannesburg on Saturday night to go one step closer to securing their progression to the semi-finals.
- Nigeria: Govt to Ramp Up Domestic Weapons Production
[Al Jazeera] Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari had said his country plans to ramp up the domestic production of weapons for its armed forces, in an effort to cut the country’s dependence on imported arms.
- Nigeria: Gunmen Attack Army Check-Point
[This Day] Gunmen operating along the creeks of the Niger Delta, in the early hours of Saturday launched a daring attack on a military check-point, killing four soldiers and a mobile policeman attached to the Joint Task Force (JTF) Operation Pulo Shield before disappearing into the waterways.
- Zimbabwe: Eight People, Including Children, Perish in Kombi Crash
[New Zimbabwe] EIGHT people are reported to have lost their lives in a head-on collision involving two commuter omnibuses along the Harare-Mutare highway.
- Nigeria/Tanzania: Tanzania Clash – Expect Surprises On List of Foreign Pros – Oliseh
[Vanguard] Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has said that there will be a few surprises when his list of foreign-based professionals to tackle Tanzania next month is released in coming weeks.
- South Sudan: Women's Horror Rape Stories in Bentiu
[Al Jazeera] Bentiu -The displaced women of Bentiu have horrific stories to tell.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>