news From All Africa
- Uganda: First Foreign Affairs Minister Sam Odaka Dies
[Monitor] Kampala -At 1:26am in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, Uganda’s first Foreign Affairs minister Sam Odaka’s candle burnt out.
- Cameroon: Dozens Kidnapped in Village Raid
[Deutsche Welle] A local newspaper claims around 135 people were seized during an attack by suspected Boko Haram militants in northern Cameroon. The fighters struck just after midnight after sneaking across the border from Nigeria.
- Kenya: Bill That Allows Swapping with Foreign Prisoners Passed
[The Star] The National Assembly yesterday passed a bill allowing Kenya to swap prisoners with other countries, under agreements between the two states.
- South Africa: Stolen Car Recovered 22 Years Later
[News24Wire] It was February 1993 when 23-year-old Derrick Goosen first got behind the wheels of his Toyota Corolla 1.6 GL. The young man from Wonderboom South in Pretoria would however enjoy his new ride only for a short while.
- Zimbabwe: Mugabe Signs Law Forcing Govt To Take On $1.2 Billion Reserve Bank Debt
[New Zimbabwe] PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe has signed into law the controversial Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) debt assumption bill.
- Kenya: Ban All Boarding Schools – Parents
[The Star] All boardings schools should be banned, Kenya National Association of Parents secretary general Musau Ndunda has said.
- Madagascar: 'Get Rich Quick' With Pink Sapphires – For Some
[Africa In Fact] In the early 1990s, only 40 people lived in Ilakaka, a sleepy village off the beaten path in south-west Madagascar more than 700km from Antananarivo, the capital of the rugged Indian Ocean island. The government took little interest in the village; it was no more than a blip on the map.
- Nigeria: New Oil Board Boss Takes Office
[Premium Times] A few hours after his appointment was announced, the new Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, has assumed duty as the Chief Executive of the corporation.
- Kenya: Woman in Crash Linked to Pastor Laid to Rest
[The Star] The woman killed in an accident, linked to Neno Evangelism Ministries Apostle James Ng’ang’a, was buried yesterday.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>