news From All Africa
- Nigeria: U.S, Nigeria Trade Volume Hits Record Low Over Import Challenges[Guardian] The volume of Nigeria’s bilateral trade with the United States has continued to be on a downward trend due to the advent of shale oil resources, which resulted to total stoppage of the U.S imports of crude oil from Nigeria.
- Nigeria: Buhari Orders Release of N5 Billion to Boko Haram Victims[Guardian] Abuja -President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday ordered the immediate release of N5 billion to the Victims Support Fund (VSR) to enable it carry out its assignment of providing succour to the immediate families of those killed by Boko Haram insurgents in the North-east, and other terrorist-related activities in other parts of the country.
- Nigeria: The Okonjo-Iweala Who Worked for Me Is Different From the Okonjo-Iweala Who Worked for Jonathan – Obasanjo[Premium Times] Nigeria’s former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, took some time off his busy schedule to speak to a PREMIUM TIMES team at his Abeokuta home about some of the issues he wrote about in his book, “My Watch”.
- South Africa: Parliament Gets Clean Audit Outcome From Auditor General[Parliament of South Africa] Parliament has this year received a clean audit from the Auditor General. This comes after receiving unqualified audits since the 2006/2007 financial year
- Zimbabwe: Mugabe Exposed[Zimbabwe Standard] PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe could have played both puppet and puppeteer, in the Zanu PF debacle that resulted in the removal of then Vice-President Joice Mujuru while the same exposed his wife First Lady Grace as empty, a think tank has said.
- South Africa: Malema Faces Fraud, Corruption Charges[News24Wire] The fraud trial of Economic Freedom Fighters leader Julius Malema and his co-accused is expected to start in the High Court in Polokwane on Monday.
- Kenya: Jubilee Must Have Misled Obama, Says Raila Odinga[Nation] American President Barack Obama may not have received a proper briefing on the state of corruption in Kenya ahead of his trip, opposition chief Raila Odinga has said.
- Kenya: Read Fine Print On Trade Deals[Nation] More details are now emerging of the various agreements struck between the American and Kenyan delegations during President Barack Obama’s visit to Kenya.
- Nigeria: Country Is Fifth in World's Abduction Ranking[Leadership] Nigeria ranks fifth in the list of countries with frequency of abductions.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>