Latest News August 27, 2015
August 27, 2015
news From All Africa
- South Sudan: South Sudan – Both Parties Must Commit to Ensuring Justice for Atrocities
[AI London] “Silencing the guns and signing accords is not enough… ” Sarah Jackson, Amnesty’s East Africa deputy director
- Kenya: Ruto Appeals ICC Decision to Allow Bensouda Use Recanted Witness Statements
[The Star] Deputy president William Ruto and his co-accused Joshua Sang are set to appeal the ICC decision for recanted witness statements to be admitted as evidence.
- Libya: Political Process in Final Stages, UN Envoy Says
[News24Wire] The UN-brokered political dialogue process in Libya is in its “final stages,” a UN official said on Wednesday, while noting that the humanitarian situation in the country remains dire with the Islamic State extremist group graining ground.
- Nigeria: UN Chief Warns of Growing Humanitarian Crisis in Northeastern Nigeria
[IPS] United Nations -With over 1.5 million displaced, 800,000 of whom are children, and continuously escalating violence in northeastern Nigeria, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon described the humanitarian situation as “particularly worrying” during a visit to the country.
- Africa: As Momentum Builds for December Climate Talks, Ban Looks Ahead to 'Bold' Outcome
[UN News] Commending France’s “exemplary leadership” on efforts to tackle climate change, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today affirmed that the international community is now at a stage where the final elements of the new climate agreement are being negotiated.
- Kenya: Doctors, County Bosses Engage in Blame Game Over Strike
[Nation] The health crisis across the country deepened Wednesday as governors and medics traded accusations on who was to blame for strikes.
- Africa: Wastewater an Underestimated Resource Not to be Squandered – UN Study
[UNEP] Stockholm -From Argentina, to Finland, to Singapore – a new book highlights successful examples of converting wastewater to profit
- Kenya: Kenyan World Champ Happy with 'Youtube Man' Title
[Nation] It was a day of many firsts for Julius Yego at the 2015 World Athletics Championships.
- South Africa: Cops Suspended After Brutality Caught on Video
[News24Wire] Two Douglasdale police officers were suspended on Wednesday after video footage purporting to show police brutality was widely circulated.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | October 26, 2020 5:07 pm
Pan African Visions | October 25, 2020 3:22 am
Pan African Visions | October 24, 2020 10:13 pm
Pan African Visions | October 24, 2020 7:11 pm
October 26, 2020 5:07 pm
October 26, 2020 4:56 pm
October 26, 2020 11:56 am
October 26, 2020 11:25 am
October 26, 2020 10:32 am